T photo of the day

Interesting busway. If eeryone is on the left, why is the sidewalk on the right wider?

I was wondering the same exact thing. I think that wall is permeable-ish though, and leads to a taxi stand. But still, most volume will be on the left.

I'm rather pleased with how this came out!

8210168666_ef5beecc57_b.jpg

Ghost Train

8210183346_abd00d87f0_b.jpg

Just noticed the sliver of the station wall visible on the bottom right. Too lazy to crop.

^ I love those. Is the T ever going to replace all the old clunky ones with them?

^ I love those. Is the T ever going to replace all the old clunky ones with them?

At this point, it does not look like it. All we have to look forward to are HSP46 engines on order. And their renderings have been fugly as hell. It shouldn't be too much longer before we have a picture of a completed unit.

At this point, it does not look like it. All we have to look forward to are HSP46 engines on order. And their renderings have been fugly as hell. It shouldn't be too much longer before we have a picture of a completed unit.

MPI_HSP-46.jpg

I got bashed left and right on rr.net for arguing how amazingly ugly the HSP46s are going to be and that we should demand better. Apparently if it runs well it doesnt matter what it looks like, which normally I would agree with except for the glaring fact that the company that is building them could very well put all the mechanicals inside the beautiful MPxpress shell Beeline posted above, that they also make.

Then a few months later everyone argued that the paint schemes proposed were all ugly and made a big deal about it. So paint scheme > mechanicals > exterior design. After that I all but gave up on rr.net

The fact that there are hardly any renderings other then the one above or the wooden model the T store sells does not bode well for the future look of the T.

MPI_HSP-46.jpg

I got bashed left and right on rr.net for arguing how amazingly ugly the HSP46s are going to be and that we should demand better. Apparently if it runs well it doesnt matter what it looks like, which normally I would agree with except for the glaring fact that the company that is building them could very well put all the mechanicals inside the beautiful MPxpress shell Beeline posted above, that they also make.

Then a few months later everyone argued that the paint schemes proposed were all ugly and made a big deal about it. So paint scheme > mechanicals > exterior design. After that I all but gave up on rr.net

The fact that there are hardly any renderings other then the one above or the wooden model the T store sells does not bode well for the future look of the T.

The way it looks plays a huge marketing factor and it absolutely is important. This new locomotive, both it's style and it's paint scheme, are ugly and childish. It doesn't look streamlined, futuristic, or fast. It almost looks block-like, with a ABSURDLY large (T) logo on the side. It's rather embarrassing. The MP36 units from Utah have been great for PR and putting a new look on the agency. But this HSP46 is taking one massive step backwards.

I'm all for reliability and efficiency first and foremost, but this does not bode well for attracting a new crowd.

The way it looks plays a huge marketing factor and it absolutely is important. This new locomotive, both it's style and it's paint scheme, are ugly and childish. It doesn't look streamlined, futuristic, or fast. It almost looks block-like, with a ABSURDLY large (T) logo on the side. It's rather embarrassing. The MP36 units from Utah have been great for PR and putting a new look on the agency. But this HSP46 is taking one massive step backwards.

I'm all for reliability and efficiency first and foremost, but this does not bode well for attracting a new crowd.

Who cares? The loco always points outbound, so you don't even see it when boarding at the terminals. First test unit is supposed to arrive by April. I guarantee it's going to elicit "Ooohs" and "Aaahs" for simple fact that it's shiny, new, and more modern than the beat-to-piss 1970's technology we're currently riding.

Amtrak's new electrics are fugly as hell too. And nobody will care one whit as long as they run better than the wheezing AEM-7's and those lemon HHP-8's.

Amtrak-locomotive-exterior.jpg

The final Septa Silverliner V has been delivered, but there's something purple in the shot :)

27133_10200673915837807_1156269844_n.jpg

Didn't their mommas ever tell them not to sit in a chair on the railroad tracks?

Back