The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Re: Longfellow Place (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Remember MT? Someone may give the numbers a few years after the towers have topped. The West End is a sensitive area. They focus on the occupied height to get every last foot. *i also wouldn't be surprised if the tip of the office tower ends up going all the way to 200m. why not when you're already so close.

Cause most people don't have a height fetish like you.

HYM (specifically, Tom O'Brien) wanted to go very tall on the 2 main towers. Clearly some of you would call it a height fetish. By such a standard, Don Chiofaro and MP have also displayed bit of a height fetish/s at one time or other.

i have a 'let's do bold but not ridiculous height' type of m.o.

for example, Martha Road could go somewhere between 735' (bold) and 835' (very bold). ....After that, i don't think you build much more in the West End before you do something outrageous; like extending the Blue Line through the West End Neighborhood clear, back to BU.

Anyway with the heights of these buildings, do you have a source? Or are you just adding a made up number to the official heights to get the height you think the building will be?

it's a sensitive part of the West End. About 2 years ago, someone gave me numbers for stuff happening all over the city. Recall i was posting on Sky City about the 390' and 415' mid-rises at Back Bay Station, 3 months before anyone had it on aB, and 5 months before the Globe....

We almost got a lot of height at North Station... but ended up with less height in exchange for the 4th tower (GG). btw, i think getting the 4th tower was worth losing the height at TD Garden.

how about you?

it's a sensitive part of the West End. About 2 years ago, someone gave me numbers for stuff happening all over the city. Recall i was posting on Sky City about the 390' and 415' mid-rises at Back Bay Station, 3 months before anyone had it on aB, and 5 months before the Globe....

I can't see where on Martha Street. I doubt the Whitter Place condos would be willing to sell their lot in order to put in a tower that would block all of their views.

I trust Elkus to deliver.

I can't see where on Martha Street. I doubt the Whitter Place condos would be willing to sell their lot in order to put in a tower that would block all of their views.

65 Martha Rd; the crap turd thing next to GG in the image below.

39325322564_979198aa0e_b.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:

Hmph, looks like our own slice of Vancouver. Miraculously, it looks like it only has 2 facade languages!!

I trust Elkus to deliver.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I honestly like this. There's really not much else you can do to the West End to make it an urban neighborhood so since this is down the street from a transit hub it may as well be big. Plus it's not like this is the only tower over there.

Any retail here?

I wonder what's hiding under that terrace cantilever in the lower right ... mechanical vent?

Looks like there are umbrella-covered tables & chairs there.

Notice went out to parkers that the garage is closing April 1.

Of all the "signs" we look for in terms of progress, this is a good sign. No one closes a cash machine like a parking garage unless it is imminently coming down. The garage I parked in sent a notice about 30 days before closing. Within a month, they were taking the thing down.

Notice went out to parkers that the garage is closing April 1.

giphy.gif

Also the garage is closing before the Bruins and Celtics season ends. I'm sure that garden events are very lucrative for this garage.

U7kcgOE.png

So it won't get out of the ground until next summer.

So it won't get out of the ground until next summer.

That wouldn't be too bad at all. It took 1 Dalton 2 years and there was nothing to demo. It took MT 6 years. Congress Street Garage is a never ending saga. Nope, 17-18 months away is not too bad at all.

Back