The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Re: Longfellow Place (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

This crane lights up with white lights at night. Not as exciting as One Dalton's show, but a new lit up crane nonetheless.

(Excluding the Seaport), this has to be one of the biggest holes in the rest of the City in the last 30 years--right there with the 1 Franklin/Vornado hole, 111 Huntington and 1 Lincoln St. There's 830 parking spaces going in here.
Chiofaro wants to sink 1500 spaces.

Hub on causeway was pretty huge. I dont mind underground garages at all, and cars are a reality of cities whether we like it or not. Were getting rid of a lot of garages, but sinking them is perfectly fine imo because you still need some garages but theyre out of sight when underground.

Another crane base spotted on the webcam!

Hub on causeway was pretty huge. I dont mind underground garages at all, and cars are a reality of cities whether we like it or not. Were getting rid of a lot of garages, but sinking them is perfectly fine imo because you still need some garages but theyre out of sight when underground.

Most of us clamoring for less parking aren't critical of it just because garages are unsightly. You can certainly put lipstick on a pig and make the street experience for a garage actually contribute to urban fabric. Even parking above ground in a tower doesn't need to be ugly, either. Chicago has mastered the art of parking podiums by 'necessity'...

👆 This 'parking is a necessity' argument is at the core of many urbanist arguments. I'm all about striking a balance, but realistically you only need as much parking as you convince yourself you need. Supply parking and more people drive... then people wonder where the traffic is coming from.

Regarding the tub/slurry wall foundation: I recently heard from the developers in the presentation for the 125 Lincoln St project that digging down AND THEN drilling piles to bedrock is necessary so 'why not put parking there anyway?' Is this true? I know it varies by site and construction method, but why couldn't you simply drill piles to bedrock from street level with the concrete pad on that? Is there any structural reason beyond accommodating even more parking under the building for the tub/excavation process?

Cool to see some more progress!

Someone needs to go down and tell the GC that there are a bunch of arm-chair real estate developer hacks who are incorrigible unless they are counting above ground floors going up.

Looks like the Blue Crane is just for the garage and lower levels

Red Crane base appears to be much larger in cross sectional area -- probably the main crane for the high work

Looks like the Blue Crane is just for the garage and lower levels

Red Crane base appears to be much larger in cross sectional area -- probably the main crane for the high work

The base for the red crane is smaller than the base for the blue crane.

looks like the walls are slurry walls. Similar to what was used for the World Trade Center in New York.

Per Equity Residential's earnings call, this will be rebranded again to "The Alcott".

I assume that's a reference to Louisa May Alcott... weird.

Mods, can we change the thread title to: "The Alcott | 35 Lomasney Way | West End"

Mods, can we change the thread title to: "The Alcott | 35 Lomasney Way | West End"

Suggest we do:

"The Alcott (née Longfellow Place; née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End"

...this way we keep historic traceability about the project / assist in peoples' searches

Disagree. The address should be good enough. We don't need thread titles cluttered with old marketing names.

Back