The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Re: Longfellow Place (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Disagree with him and his occasional idiotic Republican talking points all you like but tosh has it correct about height. For the health of the city, Boston needs to build as high as allowable by the FAA in the core of the city. That increases supply of both office space and residences and more critically maximizes tax revenue. NIMBY's need to be absolutely, completely and totally crushed as their isn't a functioning brain amongst any of them. I can't speak to the obsession over this particular building on Martha Rd but I do wonder why there are *any* surface parking lots left since underground parking was invented some time ago....

What’s the white, upright tank in the middle of the photo?

Equipment to make concrete on-site?

Given the proximity to BS&G, you wouldn’t think that would be necessary or economical.

4th quarter 2021, completion 3 years from now? So how long until steel starts to go up? I know fit out is at least 6 months but 2.5 years sounds like a lot. I guess when you look at Encore and a couple others that just wrapped up and steel was a couple floors off the ground over a year and a half ago does that mean well see steel here towards the end of the year? Hope not.

I guess if its completed right at the beginning of 4th quarter plus 6+ months fitout that can be a year, then looking at even shorter projects that took over a year n a half to top out thats over 2.5 years so yea I guess it could start to go up in like 6 months with verry slow timetables on everything?

4th quarter 2021, completion 3 years from now? So how long until steel starts to go up? I know fit out is at least 6 months but 2.5 years sounds like a lot. I guess when you look at Encore and a couple others that just wrapped up and steel was a couple floors off the ground over a year and a half ago does that mean well see steel here towards the end of the year? Hope not.

I guess if its completed right at the beginning of 4th quarter plus 6+ months fitout that can be a year, then looking at even shorter projects that took over a year n a half to top out thats over 2.5 years so yea I guess it could start to go up in like 6 months with verry slow timetables on everything?

They aren't even done with the slurry walls and there is a significant garage component to this, so excavation will take a while (assuming they aren't going the "top down" route).

They aren't even done with the slurry walls and there is a significant garage component to this, so excavation will take a while (assuming they aren't going the "top down" route).

Correct - the excavation isn't starting until the Spring and will take a while.

Yea thats why I said I guess this could start to rise in about 6 months. That makes sense because a year from then is mid 2020 and steel takes about 1.5 years which 6 months plus 1.5+ years is the end of 2020 to early 2021. Then they have till early 4th quarter to finish interiors, makes sense.

Anyone been by here recently?

Beginning to wonder if there's anyplace that Beeline isn't. Thanks for photos!

This is great, there is some tangible progress taking place. No stopping it now we WILL have a nice cluster over here with steel now going up on the Hub office tower as well. Then 1 congress office tower is going to be visible between the 2 hub towers from the Zakim too... crazy.

Who woulda thought 10 years ago the west end would have a pretty nice skyline now... not this guy. I remember years before North Station towers new renders came out that tower felt like the longest long shot in the city. Now its been years since it was completed. The led line also ended up being one of the cooler lighting schemes on the skyline cant wait for the rest of them.

From the webcam today. Shes chuggin along. I wonder how much longer till we see the tower start? I still cant believe this happened here, hopefully this sets a precedent for the rest of the West End.

-The new pedestrian corridor seems pretty good. I hope the garage entrance doesn't create another visual barrier, but Ill take it. Either way the new pedestrian corridor is a huge plus that should help connect the neighborhood to the rest of the city much more than it ever was in recent times. It would be great to get some semblance of a grid in here then build out the plots along the streets to stitch this neighborhood into the city. Anyways cant wait until this thing joins the others on the skyline, this area is going to have its own skyline. Pretty awesome.

The 35 Lomasney website has the official renders up. Pretty similar to the old ones.

Www.35lomasney.com

Last edited:

Between this, Gov Center Garage towers, Hub on Causeway, and Avalon North Station, we are witnessing a major expansion of the skyline. Is it fair to say the skyline hasn't evolved so rapidly since the 1970s?

Wow, I had forgotten how thin that side was- this is going to be some pretty good height, too.

The highrises are slowly advancing on East Cambridge.

Back