"The Beat" | 135 Morrissey (Boston Globe Site) | Dorchester

So much so that you almost out yourself as an alternative ego in some weird way.
From ultimate cheerleader to spot on riflespeak when the carmageddon is in your hood.

The globe employed a lot of people once upon a time. This area survived then.

The rotary has always been a disaster. That's why I always made sure to time it right if going this way. Stay away at the wrong times or sit in line.

Na your reading what Im saying wrong. Everyone knows Im a huge champion for development. Im not saying dont build this, what I want to see is this area developed right. I just want to see it done smartly because the traffic is sooo bad here already that adding anything else will be a disaster if they dont drastically fix the roads. I was just saying go look at the render and follow the roads around to and from Morrissey or the Rotary. The way it is now theres no good way to get to the new development. What Im saying is they need to figure out the road network before anything else, get a plan that is the best that they can come up with. Have it down pat, then think development. Once the roads are all fixed, efficient, useful, rotary prob is solved then you can look at how to develop the area. If the roads are fixed it should help make this side of Dot more connected to the rest (hopefully) because right now the tracks/highway completely cut it off. If thats fixed the neighborhood becomes much better and then they can build all this new much needed development.

Its not a case of me living there so I dont want it in my back yard. Its a case of I live there so I know how badly the streets need to be fixed or else traffic will be gridlock and it will be a pain in the ass to even get to this new dev. Thats why Im saying start on the street system get a bunch of ideas/proposals from experts, get it right, then develop this area out. Im just making the point that if they dont this is going to be a messssss, because it slready is.

When this project was announced, my first thought was that a Porsche/ Audi/ Aston Martin/ Ferrari/ Lambo/ Jag/ Tesla/ Lexus

Mega-dealer could work here.... Or even a lower end type of auto cluster.

Probably, bad taste to think it but.... i woulda been like, 'Yeah/ done!'

i thought/ think it's the perfect site for a mega upscale car dealer/ repair shop.

seems all that stuff is wayyy too far out from the core.

I don't think driving in Boston is something people do for fun. I don't see much point in buying a sports car here.

Lol, I just pictured some masochist buying a supercar because they like sitting in Boston traffic.

haha yup. i thought about the car dealer idea after someone mentioned the toxic cleanup to develop a site considerably less desirable than say, North Point. Dot Ave is still a few years away, and frankly probably not close enough to matter. The location is pretty good. But the matter of accessing it (lodged in the middle of two T stops w/ a long walk either way).

Last edited:
haha yup. i thought about the car dealer idea after someone mentioned the toxic cleanup to develop a site considerably less desirable than say, North Point. Dot Ave is still a few years away, and frankly probably not close enough to matter. The location is pretty good. But the matter of accessing it (lodged in the middle of two T stops w/ a long walk either way).

0.4 miles to JFK/UMass and 0.7 to Savin Hill .
The 0.7 would be much shorter with better connections. Right now it's a walk around the neighborhood and park to Morrissey that could be almost equidistant to JFK.

Not shabby not too laborious for most able bodied folks.

The roads here are HORRIBLE. How the hell do they expect to do any of this. Your stuck going one direction on Morrissey for very long stretches, its basically a highway, the rotary is a mess, how are people supposed to get around here? Its already a catastrophe as is I cant imagine this. They need a huge overhaul of the roads just for whats there now to work, let alone all this. Ive been stuck in traffic for 30 minutes here before trying to get around that wrap around under the bridge that leads to the right that goes to the rotary. Just look at the image with the rotary and all the roads and follow the roads around and see how much of a disaster it is. If they build all this it would keep me even more away than I try to be now because of how much of a clusterf*** it will be. Getting across from the train station is no picnic either.

The main is issue is that the Southeast Expressway is a woefully under qualified to handle the traffic flows it currently does. It's the same reason why Neponsett Circle is a disaster too.

Taking down more windows and a lot of the brick:

t6CrQNP16td5rYyiVLu7NIFiukSWS7fEUrFBPETy7-24zxg3hDkNvZoTlCnfd6mPxRKj60fLLltuE9R5zg6UDJdc64U5dbUPB2MR9dBujjdbBW13o46PALUcrDJQmhtG3wFJ9gPprntxvMI6pBL_vq5ZVRDvsrXN23tYl5JKfaD0QSJ4vm6rB8yZfjPk9TLS3zmzEzJ1h8_1xpv6_wkW0yCYicrNrm6FIHmS4qjWiJ8jXNtleu9-oA_TTK628Jsq_jy0_-OVdg0MTI6NoA-ljswS2PEELJQLb2kW1q3q73Y7-t5SUEgRjeDnFZCdo5d2HAWIN2cCpmdJTz48GwH6968G9ax2G3xHssf_sHiKSVhs_i4yBJ2lZDi1Z0lxIHXUEPLsvHQESicv0HqvrNLsI6FV1X6q-SkwyISDlm49SG4Zsf2CDGw6JZR75YrWj_ZRM2Q2xPyO0Kt2RqaZBtv8CfhQct0UvfQxK-A42cVN2JgM2UnGAZZdkviNc4z8kl2Af48UlIOkK9pQcl2RvVckXzfuD4zkznJLt0ooGrsFd4EwQdqhO1gF658eYI90XPb9DjHvqVFPOSwKuAGSL86xu-3Dm2dee8kh6cd-QD6GO9tz6Hbv1HFvoyQ30nhxPNKouS9jlECRQmRsmbZ4XJT-_nIlBUFNlFFdWqvlZNCqh5YFVV1B8qRAZ18bQWQ0Ez8Z13l23FP10_IXQznOrM8=w1222-h916-no

P5qSLQZGTKqmVI2068hHe8UJrhdoE_GAI4HjK0ToV2EfYh8xWIqja32kxCJljG9MpcuO9xCjs0aKEXkpjukNTZnUqZYb9rIdIu8CycRtngefcXTkN4XYlyBuyBzpYIdnAzo2bcEW6Ka7OJPULYLP81fUjl5pt05cm3ilFLK-N7b0Lob_C45Qfr-VJtLi6-FnBpp-NT8cEaqlK9ZfyxbEVXmprx_WFLZFYcF6uww6JleyARq0Z2d0zKFzhPimmD0y1PY_jN3TBk8I947T9EnDai6uC8idE4YjCTE2_jHMjQi26KbhUaNXCGiRCPlLvpDTPdvWDwa9v--FxHix7AnhTINixM0WZn89iyvysKhsq5qGe2bbNHFjv2CPrXgOqv9nqDb9odJddUwz61c0WQuvd7LtGs1QSBnb_ojfCxyv3lAtxp9_Qtg9Ojtz0nqIF0tzSdZmQPKpix6hb2yp9MbJ8UHKMAc82OE57LTVcgnuBoWKJ4nqHoxwgeNvIuAW82EnMx_kbHyxKJ9iWn6u-7wjiEFNncWziSg0wTpWDJoqIU64nMRpD5CkkGSruBBgTho-iAUO6QobYIMDIFpx0sF8_kwiPwwkT85s3cQL9-qbo36YCYuDp_wCt6NMTJ8GPL57RLd8iAQ-Er52boS3QCrm-Vzuc-XVANRO5YaoAwuGmX5-ABhRWOfEccQ7PKRcjmBAVwQ3eJYYTokfXW54Y9Q=w1222-h916-no

EAFQPflPwJq5gNiklcESzs8rZzyeH-rBpctnc90jfCWVcbkqvZLTLW2wfefmC9l-oyub9wM3kqR6mR0tvAWnNfbec53-O936otEv9CvAG5oAeQAsdJW9c4oEtAkNnhM_19NUm53NIQZaFktrcE7Q2AzfSYBBqfvUBHetRhOdh-oNQdT115FJUiQJfkZw2ayWvQ-d33ucXi6E7JO9iQuw4fh2UashMIr4OylIn4h8xZZzgOr2HeawJ8Oh0kMoo51CorAQ560bfj6azkYvR6WrkH9y0HFIlsLAxCUrRWkamxhYRBrdYKVXLARb5ofUqOzqfZE3R7ZwI-pIX4fUZNINhAk8e61BpSYGLUVSir81zGMfmZ6cptxsmAEjyGSlKOGr72slgmkqVyHUTH1oJ8iq_fa-Ysr1flh3HeeQ-jgYYixCcGdoEsUJ0TOh9lzfL99uZK-6t7pajDxQW820_s8RA0CcPGqYBfBBXIgYAHpIrV1e3l04cAkXxSVutGj40L76IM4JB1u7szTY_uhZsTzdCnpUtKb1Rj_Oj0sMzp0szb1A_Lqwe-RjlDpv9DMfUA6Z51hZL1WQju862RASA0eQP6dCwfoxSr_1XP7K6eMzE2ATwGNKZxqNmZIx-pDZjf477lOesRHTap-PTqkmLc9v-YD69MsB-PTQkiVfkx_SOfGxO9znnrxKMQs-ROAJ3DxW_tHWxr5dGUB4jQz6fvs=w1222-h916-no

New this week - - Beacon Capital replaces Alcion as this is ramping up more investment towards life sciences - - - looks like they are aiming for 15-25 startups and going bigger on this......

1629409102705.png

Last edited:
MassBio launches biotech workforce training center in old Globe HQ
thebeat-186.jpg

Nordblom Co. and Alcion Ventures began targeting life-science tenants to the former Boston Globe headquarters in 2021.
Real estate firm Beacon Capital Partners, the trade organization MassBio and the City of Boston are teaming up on a new, 4,000-square-foot workforce training center at the site of the former Boston Globe headquarters.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...acon-capital-workforce-training-globe-hq.html

This building seems like a white elephant. Three New England based real estate investment companies and Mass Bio (non-profit?). Doesn't seem like it's attracting to much attention outside the Boston area. Even the Nobull sportswear company is Boston based. It's being called a training center but maybe Boston should just buy it and make it a new public trade school or land-swap it to replace the Dever and McCormack schools on Mt Vernon Street.

Last edited:
This building seems like a white elephant. Three New England based real estate investment companies and Mass Bio (non-profit?). Doesn't seem like it's attracting to much attention outside the Boston area. Even the Nobull sportswear company is Boston based. It's being called a training center but maybe Boston should just buy it and make it a new public trade school or land-swap it to replace the Dever and McCormack schools on Mt Vernon Street.
I think for the next 5+ years or so you're correct. Hopefully once "Bay City" or whatever theyre calling themselves is semi built out it will change some things. That said, they probably should have just converted this to condos

Back