The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

LOL a fitness discussion has started. Yesterday was a drivers ed course and today and how much weight we can lose on cardio equipment.

This building is high quality inside and out. For a tower on the edge of downtown right on the waterfront id expect it to be high quality and very expensive to live in.

When you get in to the outer neighborhoods the quality needs to be more in line with the middle class and rents need to reflect. Building luxury mid rise condos in Dorchester is ridiculous, but its happening. That alone makes the surrounding area more expensive and it starts the chain reaction. Roxbury is even getting a friggin downtown high rise lol. Its going to have amazing downtown views and its right near transit....going to be expensive....setting another chain reaction.

I live right near where Dot block is going up and thats going to push us all out. Granted what its replacing is an abandoned building where homeless people live and do drugs, but meet in the middle. We should be able to move into there not get pushed out of our own apartments because of it. Progress I guess right?

I live right near where Dot block is going up and thats going to push us all out. Granted what its replacing is an abandoned building where homeless people live and do drugs, but meet in the middle. We should be able to move into there not get pushed out of our own apartments because of it. Progress I guess right?

You've made a few comments like this over the past few months. While people being pushed out is definitely a concern, what steps are you taking to insulate yourself from this? There are many 3bd condos in that area in the $450k range, and with 2 roommates, you'd almost be paying less per month than renting. I know this because I've considered buying in that area and using roommates to pay the mortgage. I don't consider renting a long term option anywhere.

And I explained before that im not allowed to use the va home loan while Im still in school. The point is that the expensive condos should be downtown and in a neighborhood like dorchester the rents should be a reflection of the neighborhood. Its not just about me, Ill be in a better situation than most, Im using myself as an example but its about the people who live here that wont be able to get a home loan. These buildings being built should not be luxury condos, especially on a gang infested street with shootouts on it every few weeks like Hancock st. This is the one place if any that they need to build new housing that is affordable that people who live here can afford to move into. The point is when you build these new buildings people from the area should be able to move in vs bringing in rich people from somewhere else. Instead they build luxury condos with obnoxious rents that no smart person would ever pay for...especially in this area, but people will. I can see it now some urban professional moves here from NC and is like I hear Boston is pretty safe-it is overall, not here, ooo I can get this studio by the redline in an "up and coming area" "close to transit" "great for young professionals". Not knowing dudley street and hancock are in the middle of a gang war right now with multiple pretty high profile murders occurring recently and theyre in for a surprise with the shit you see down there lol. Shell be gone in a month after hearing 13 gunshots while your cooking mac n cheese in the microwave- true story.

Wow, that Equinox looks really nice. I was up in the Bean this week for meetings, however, I ended up going to the Franklin Street location. I guess they are going to upstage the legacy "top dog", the Equinox Sports Club in the Ritz on Avery Street.

Mods, please mark this thread as "completed"

Back