The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

I havent heard the haters lately. They couldnt use their imaginations but now that a lot has been built I think the writings on the wall.

I havent heard the haters lately. They couldnt use their imaginations but now that a lot has been built I think the writings on the wall.

In a world of negative nancys, you've always been the glass half-full member of this forum, which I appreciate. I'm also a pro-Seaport guy (transportation issues notwithstanding). My question is whether there is really a need to reach for vindication here? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your intent/tone, but it struck me as unnecessary.

In a world of negative nancys, you've always been the glass half-full member of this forum, which I appreciate. I'm also a pro-Seaport guy (transportation issues notwithstanding). My question is whether there is really a need to reach for vindication here? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your intent/tone, but it struck me as unnecessary.

No one likes a gloater.... or a troll.
I agree.
Just enjoy.

I was just pointing out that its nice to see people actually just posting pictures and starting to appreciate the area vs in the past where you would click on this development when you saw it was updated and it would just be 100 people saying how much it sucks so its nice to see where it is at now vs before. I can click on this thread now and expect something good to be waiting when I get there. I was pointing out kind of as a for future reference statement that you need to see the whole picture and kind of put things together in your head vs just see something that is a quarter of the way done and shit all over it. Im hoping the same thing can be applied to new up and coming areas that were seeing here in the future so we dont have to go through all of that again.

Hakkasan? I wonder if that will do well. It will compete with Empire around the corner. I have been to the Hakkasan in NYC a few times and it looks nice, they often have a good DJ's, etc. but the food is slightly above average. Good food, but not amazing. It is pricey, too.
Catch on the other hand should be great. Very good seafood, very fun atmosphere. The Catch rooftop bar is lots of fun. I wonder if the Boston Catch will be party-party like the NYC location.

I was pointing out kind of as a for future reference statement that you need to see the whole picture and kind of put things together in your head vs just see something that is a quarter of the way done and shit all over it. Im hoping the same thing can be applied to new up and coming areas that were seeing here in the future so we dont have to go through all of that again.

For the record: Whenever I put this thing together in my head, I'm still inclined to shit all over it.

But I also recognize that I have particular & snobby tastes. I acknowledge that this doesn't totally suck.

It's worth noting that they took the banner advertisement down on the Benjamin building. I guess they didn't want to block people's views that are living in the building.

It's worth noting that they took the banner advertisement down on the Benjamin building. I guess they didn't want to block people's views that are living in the building.

Either that or it's mostly leased.

I wonder... does anyone know if Benjamin and Via have some sort of preferred corporate housing arrangements with companies downtown or in the Seaport? I remember when a couple friends moved to Radian a few years back, that building had some sort of preferred rent arrangement with State Street, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, and some others.

Hope you're just being snarky or sarcastic. Are you really against people having views from their own (rented) windows?

Either that or it's mostly leased.

I wonder... does anyone know if Benjamin and Via have some sort of preferred corporate housing arrangements with companies downtown or in the Seaport? I remember when a couple friends moved to Radian a few years back, that building had some sort of preferred rent arrangement with State Street, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, and some others.

Don't know for sure, but it's certainly possible. There are corporate housing units in other nearby buildings like 100 Pier 4 and the Watermark.

Back