The Beverly (née Merano) (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Re: The Merano

Related-Beal proposes begin building this December with a 26-month construction schedule.

Re: The Merano

APPROVED.

CMUkD4YWIAAxQVT.jpg:large

Wow - if and when this actually starts rising, it'll mark the completion of a jaw dropping transformation.

As a reminder, this is what this spot used to look like - and the view here was substantially unchanged little more than a decade ago:

8589139857_13182522e5_b.jpg

Re: The Merano (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Amazing.

Mainly how the loads are distributed around the tunnel enclosure, I would assume. I bet there would be some challenges in the systems design as well, depending on how far below the tunnel is.

Anyone know if the tunnel designed with the anticipation that there would eventually be a building over it?

Our long Bulfinch Triangle nightmare is finally over... well, almost.

Anyone know if the tunnel designed with the anticipation that there would eventually be a building over it?

Yes, 100% Same trick The Victor pulled. Probably easier on this side because you don't have to contend with the green and orange lines.

Prefer this end, the other end is a bit dry. The cap here gives the elevation a kind of exclamation point the other one doesn't have at all.

No pics (sorry) but lots of trucks on site and it looks very dug up.

Sorry, but this is being used as a staging area for the road work being done on Causway Street. Man do I wish it was the Merano.

😔

Sorry, but this is being used as a staging area for the road work being done on Causway Street. Man do I wish it was the Merano.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/38837e14-da35-4436-a894-8e537f6f392e

Page 27 of their documents submitted to the BRA say that it will start construction in December. Hopefully they'll follow through with that timeline. I look forward to the construction of this building as it fills in another puzzle piece in that area!

I heard this will be starting VERY soon

I really wish they could have incorporated that crappy lot at the corner of N. Washington and Valenti Way....

FYI....I did some digging on the Suffolk Deeds Website. (all you have to do is run a property search and type in Beverly Street)

In the last week, a slew of ground leases, easements, and mortgages (roughly $136,000,000 worth) have been executed on this property.

This one appears to be nearing its launch.

UPDATE: Looks like the building permit was issued on Nov. 24. Looks ready to roll

That's terrific. We've been waiting way too long for this one to come to fruition.

FYI: they're currently using the lot as a staging area for the Causeway Street reconstruction. Maybe they'll moving everything for the Merano to start, but I wouldn't be surprised if the start took a few more months. Eyeballing it, the Causeway Street reconstruction doesn't look like it's even 50% complete.

http://m.boston.curbed.com/archives/2015/12/bulfinch-triangle-apartments-boston.php

Curbed confirms the start of construction very soon of the apartments...I'm curious if they will wait on the hotel portion as a phase II.

I think Curbed is taking liberties here. I saw a Banker & Tradesman article this morning that indicated the hotel was part of the entire package expected to start construction by the end of the month. Also, the plans and drawings filed on the Suffolk deeds Web site along with the various ground leases and mortgages indicates the entire parcel being built upon.

Back