The Beverly (née Merano) (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Re: The Merano (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Looks like the party wall facing the older building on Causeway is built to assume for its redevelopment.

Looks like the party wall facing the older building on Causeway is built to assume for its redevelopment.

You actually have to build that way if you are following code. No windows allowed directly on a property line. It needs to be firewall construction. You need a four foot offset to punch out windows.

Quick, someone inform the North End Waterfront nimby.

You actually have to build that way if you are following code. No windows allowed directly on a property line. It needs to be firewall construction. You need a four foot offset to punch out windows.

Makes sense. Too bad EIFS looks too uniform and we no longer get painted billboards to fade into character for the party wall.

Lets hope some trees go in here. This is one of the most barren areas of the city that I can think of, the opposite side of the Victor is horrendous with no trees, retail, or anything even remotely pretending to be inviting. Good development though, just needs some life thrown in the general area.

You can have windows. I believe that it is a 10' minimum buffer from adjacent structures to new wall penetrations.

^ thats what I figured too after I read that and then scrolled up a couple pictures to look at the windows in property line wall.

^ thats what I figured too after I read that and then scrolled up a couple pictures to look at the windows in property line wall.

I gather, depending on the required fire rating (based on use of the building), you can have some restricted window area on a party wall, so I was not correct.

But you better be prepared to have them blocked over (so not integral to your interior design), since a building next door can cover your windows.

Haverhill st needs trees, its such a barren wasteland. Please someone get this shit goin. One of the most desolate streets in Boston.

https://postimage.org/app.php

no retail. Nothing but exhaust vents, emergency exits and trash rooms.

no retail. Nothing but exhaust vents, emergency exits and trash rooms.

Better that that all be on one crappy street so that the others can have nothing but retail and activation (not that that's happened, but they're looking at it on Canal).

Yea they had to put it somewhere....but people still have to walk here, no reason there cant be some trees here. Theres an orange line entrance and some other small things that mean something its not just all garages, but no reason to leave it this barren. People walk down this including myself and its already bad enough, why not liven it it up with some trees.

Trees

Haverhill St needs one of its lanes removed and the sidewalks widened. The sidewalks get far too cramped all too often, and one lane of the street somehow becomes a strip of parking for police officers and city officials on game nights.

Work with what you have.

small trees, juniper pines, hanging gardens, holly, vines..........

Back