The Beverly (née Merano) (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Re: The Merano

Not the greatest, but at least this building will have balconies, which IMO is always a plus.

They are definitely a plus for the resident. Is there an impact one way or the other for the overall environment? I don't know that I benefit in any direct way from a building having balconies if I don't live in it.

Just an opinion - to me balconies provide texture and variety on what could otherwise be a flat alucobond/glass surface (by 'variety' I mean the varied objects of interest, from plants to grills to actual people and activity).

After this winter I think all new residential buildings will have balconies.

This could end up being one of those looks better in RL than as a draft proposals...

The huge tree in the rendering is taller than the building...guess that shows the priorities of the project

Think of it as vertical greenspace maximization.

(Next on the NIMBY agenda: height limits as "bluespace preservation").

It looks like a BU dormitory from around 1960, only with Alucobond to "compliment" the cheap brick.

The balconies of Tremont on the Common are one of the building's worst features. Maybe this one will come out better.

Yesterday a crew was on site digging around with a small earth mover and staking out the place. I don't think they were doing soil samples, more like looking for tunnel support structures. Some fencing was piled on the Beverly Street side of the site.

Morano Site Boston 6/28

Yesterday a crew was on site digging around with a small earth mover and staking out the place. I don't think they were doing soil samples, more like looking for tunnel support structures. Some fencing was piled on the Beverly Street side of the site.

Morano Site Boston 6/28

I can't wait for this to be built. It will certainly fill a void. Now if they can only put something in the damn TD Garden parking lot!

Wow, I was there on Tuesday and there was literally nothing on that parcel. Exciting. :)

Too bad they could go to some dusty old archive and pull out some ye olde engineering diagrams that were drawn up all the way back in 1995 or so.

I'm getting impatient...when are they gonna start this?

Drove by this site this afternoon. There are two pieces of earth moving equipment on this site. No construction fencing or construction signage.

I wasn't able to take a picture.

Still, perhaps we're about to see some action with this project.

anything to cover up the facade of the VICTOR!!

Anything on the Merano property is probably just staging for the Victor. Walking past it, you don't get the impression that they're about to get started.

Back