The Beverly (née Merano) (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Re: The Merano

This plot is a fucking mess. It's flooded, there's heaps of mud and hundreds of tire tracks all over the place. It's difficult to find a more unpleasant empty space in the whole city.

This image is from the revamped project earlier this year.

meranoapprovedfromgreen.jpg

By far this, if built as rendered, will be the best looking of the Bulfinch bunch.

Last edited:

This plot is a fucking mess. It's flooded, there's heaps of mud and hundreds of tire tracks all over the place. It's difficult to find a more unpleasant empty space in the whole city.

The Greenway is right next door.

On the BRA's agenda for tomorrow (5/16):

Request authorization to establish a “demonstration project” under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 121B, Section 46(f)for the Merano Project to acquire approximately 100 s.f. of Cityof Boston owned land; authorization for the to adopt an Order of Taking for the City Parcel and execute a Deed conveying the City Parcel to Boston Development Group; and, to execute all documents in connection with the Amended Demonstration Project Plan.

This project must be starting:

Tree Hearing: 11am, Tuesday, September 10 The Boston Parks and Recreation Department will hold a public hearing at 11am on Tuesday, September 10, to discuss the proposed removal and replacement of 12 Sophora trees on Beverly Street in the North End. The Moreno Development Co. proposes removal and replacement in connection with a project at 175 Causeway Street.

http://northendwaterfront.com/2013/...lace-12-sophora-trees-at-175-causeway-street/

I believe in democracy and all, but do we really need a public hearing to take down 12 trees in the city?

I believe in democracy and all, but do we really need a public hearing to take down 12 trees in the city?

Are they extra-special trees that fruit gum drops, kittens and genies who grant wishes?

This thing is going to sit pretty much directly on top of the Expressway, right?

If so, will this have any negative impact on the ability to repair/replace any portions of the tunnel? I also wonder if this will create any addition problems for the tunnels.

The Victor is also on top of the Expressway.

This thing is going to sit pretty much directly on top of the Expressway, right?

If so, will this have any negative impact on the ability to repair/replace any portions of the tunnel? I also wonder if this will create any addition problems for the tunnels.
Probably not. The tunnels in this section were designed with the expectation there would be buildings on top. Its also why the parking garages are above grade.

Not the Merano, but I don't know where else to put this. They are digging up the little parcel next to North Station. Anyone know what's going on here?

13+-+3

Does anybody know if the trees showed up this morning at the public hearing to voice their objections to this project?

I think its the construction of a new entrance to the parking garage below North Station. See the TD Garden Towers thread - it mentions a new entrance being built

Jacob Wirth is mentioned in the "Under Construction" area.

Back