The Beverly (née Merano) (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Re: The Merano

Yeah, but they want to keep people out of there because they're about to start building, right? Right?

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but it's possible they're putting up the fence in anticipation of the Bruins playoff run. When they won the cup a few years ago, I was celebrating in the area of the future Merano.

This seems likely. The fence posts were 'behind' the sidewalk, in some cases by a foot or more. Seemed more like "let's keep people out of here for the time being" rather than "lets create some space to do work". Should have gotten a photo.

This seems likely. The fence posts were 'behind' the sidewalk, in some cases by a foot or more. Seemed more like "let's keep people out of here for the time being" rather than "lets create some space to do work". Should have gotten a photo.

So you're saying I don't have magical powers?

Just an update...I walked by the site this morning. The fence is indeed more of the permanent variety, with metal posts hammered into the ground. It sort of reminds me of the fence that for years guarded the site of the now Kensington building after the Gaeity Theater was demolished.

I hate to say it, but I think my original prediction still holds.

Maybe they don't want the site to be used for construction staging, or as an informal parking lot for the trades.

It got used as an impromptu parking lot during the Bruins playoff run last year. It's that time of year again, so maybe that's why the fence went up?

Google's new streetview history feature will provide hours of enjoyment (particularly after the latest building boom puts up some finished products). Here's a view of the Merano site from 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2013. Hopefully it looks very different in 2015.

hnBIoiS.png

EciywL9.png

pn4ERPj.png

vWgFmt1.png

It seems like someone asks that question every 3-5 months. I wish I knew the answer.

Owner has hearing in front of Board of Appeals to seek approval of variances on 10/07, so maybe this is moving forward.

15-story hotel.

I honestly don't care if it's a brothel. Just build the damn thing.

+2. And if they can't build it here, I hope they can build the brothel nearby.

^ +3 The area does need some grit returned to it...It would be nice to see a series of smaller establishments on these vacant side streets between these "street-liners".

Was it ever dead? I thought it was just being slow walked. Has the site been used as staging for other area project, or just vacant?

Just vacant. I was under impression that as the Garden project took supermarket from Merano it ended up in an unresolved state. Looks like I was wrong - good.

Has not that sample wall been up for ages?

Back