The Brookliner | 5 Washington Street | Brighton

That pile of burnt rubbish needs to be removed from behind the building & something nice put there. It's an eyesore!!!! o_O

Why bother with decent brick if you’re just going to scatter 200 cheap little vents over the facade, spoiling any kind of rhythm the building could have had?

Wish developers would just sacrifice the minimal square footage required to have them go to the roof. They do it in Europe.

Exterior work mostly complete at this point.

Brookliner_2_5_23.jpg

I'm sure there would be no issues whatsoever if this were cloned and proposed on a similar available lots a mere 100 yards to the southeast.

Looks solid, great infill for a place with really good transit and walkable amenities.

Did anyone hear about, or see that a crane has fallen into an apt building in Brighton? I was told that it was this one, but I don't think so. I think it was another building that's u/c, not this one that's on the corner of Washington Street & Corey Road. :unsure:

Last edited:
You're right. That building is not The Brookliner. It has it's siding already applied around the building's outer perimeter. This building has not too long ago gotten started with the construction. People where I live at Patricia White Apts. have disputed me to death, saying that it was the Brookliner, which had no accidents as of yet that I know of.

I'm not disputing you, Itsmiikem, but I needed to get it right so that I can go back & give them the right info. They just automatically ASSUMED that it was The Brookliner without trying to find out for sure themselves. Looks like one of the OTHER buildings being built closer to Comm. Ave.
There are presently no cranes in use at The Brookliner. OSHA will be investigating as to why the crane tipped over & fell into the other apt building!! :mad:

Last edited:
Update. Looks like the front sidewalk was poured and is being torn up again. Must have been a bad batch? There is a huge transformer vault next to the garage entry; hopefully this will reduce some of the electrical wires hanging on the poles along Corey Rd. Roof garden rails and trellis installed at roof deck. And in the last picture you will see what 100 gas pipe feeds to 100 apartments looks like. They look like security bars over the windows to the back of house of the future retail space. I hope no one tries to cut thru those bars to break in. I think there would be a slight risk of an explosion.

IMG_3947.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3905.JPG

Love the high quality brickwork. The white, gray, and red brickwork all look really solid, with rich colors. Nothing like the cheap flimsy "brick" veneer that went up on Kenmore Square North, the new Belmont High School, and some others.

Love the high quality brickwork. The white, gray, and red brickwork all look really solid, with rich colors. Nothing like the cheap flimsy "brick" veneer that went up on Kenmore Square North, the new Belmont High School, and some others.

Yea this looks really good.

I guess we're just not doing cornices anymore?

I was told that CVS is planning to move in on the street (retail) floor. Is there any truth to that story?!! :unsure:

I guess we're just not doing cornices anymore?
I think the brick work is of such high quality and detail that it obviates the additional visual interest a cornice (along the roofline) would provide. I'm even thinking that in a building like this a cornice would make it too ornate, too po-mo. I prefer the clean modernist lines of the building's massing with the rich detailing of the brick work added in for visual interest.

Wish developers would just sacrifice the minimal square footage required to have them go to the roof. They do it in Europe.

Money. It's that simple and depressing. It's not the square footage, they don't want to pay for the piping and associated work

Yeah, I saw the workers removing the barricades yesterday morning as I waited for the bus. Looks much better now, as you can see the sidewalk without having to walk in the street!!! :)

Back