The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

@Redfern I literally considered calling your office, but I have too much actual work to do. :) Glad it was caught!

Mark was all over it! (y)
I wouldn't have caught it if you hadn't reposted Catherine's graphic!
Catherine, just wondering: was there ever any thought of having the light rays on the sign emanate from the top of the A, rather than the center point of the logo? Just because an A resembles a lighthouse?

I'm just hoping the letters are large enough so travelers won't mistake the tower for Cosco's corporate headquarters from I 295. :)

Last edited:
The Casco, the apartment building that's always thinking.... (that's a super-deep cut that maybe only a couple of us might possibly get).

Has anyone seen the new signage, maybe some photos?
I saw a corner of it from Pearl this weekend, but it was mostly blocked from view by the roof. I had thoughts of going over to Bug Light today to try to see it but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Hopefully the north side will be up this week!

I went intown last night to see, and it looks like the sign would be visible from the Tommy's / Post Office Park area, but the sign wasn't illuminated yet so I didn't get any pics. I did see the obstruction lights and beacon bulb lit up on the roof, though!

I can confirm the sign is lit, at least on the south side! I wasn't able to get a photo, though, and still nothing on the north side

I can confirm the sign is lit, at least on the south side! I wasn't able to get a photo, though, and still nothing on the north side
I love coming on here and finding things like this out. Glad they fired up the sign! It’s been too windy for the other side. Hopefully they get it soon! ~ C

First photo!
1000001707.jpg

Something occurred to me... is this post (which seems to be the first photo of The Casco post-topping-off) the first "new state's tallest building" photo ever on ArchBoston? I checked the New England states, and (assuming we discount steeples) this is the first "new tallest building in the state" in the WWW era.

I did a quick risk assessment and decided that the odds of me just outright falling off the top of the penthouse was very slim. And the photos I took from the roof of One City Center was much more nerve racking due to the 6" lip around the edge! :)

That was some thick fog last night - you couldn't see downtown from the Boulevard for a while. But I've always liked signs-in-fog pics.

Back