The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

IMG_5720.jpeg

Eye-watering prices

New-build apartments command a premium for the same reason that a 2024 Honda Civic costs more than a used 2010 Civic. Not to mention that these units are in the heart of the city and also include utilities and internet.

I'd also argue that the prices for most 1 and 2 bedroom units are admittedly pricy but perfectly attainable for an average young working couple who are sharing costs.

For instance, my partner and I are in our late 20's / early 30's and we make approximately $140k a year combined. We're solidly middle class and If we were splitting costs and each paying ~$1,300 a month for a unit here we would be spending less than 25% of our annual income on housing which is very reasonable.

Last edited:
New-build apartments command a premium for the same reason that a 2024 Honda Civic costs more than a used 2010 Civic. Not to mention that these units are in the heart of the city and also include utilities and internet.

I'd also argue that the prices for most 1 and 2 bedroom units are admittedly pricy but perfectly attainable for an average young working couple who are sharing costs.

For instance, my partner and I are in our late 20's / early 30's and we make approximately $140k a year combined. We're solidly middle class and If we were splitting costs and each paying ~$1,300 a month for a unit here we would be spending less than 25% of our annual income on housing which is very reasonable.

Interesting take. As a pure free market proponent, I'm good with the Lessor getting whatever price they can, and absolutely more power to them! As a dad, teaching my newly independent kids fiscal responsibility, I still saying eye-watering :)

The Portland Subreddit would maintain that you either don't exist or are preternaturally evil.

Catherine- just curious about the status of the pocket park build out. Can't wait to see it come to fruition. Also, any updates on the retail space?

Catherine- just curious about the status of the pocket park build out. Can't wait to see it come to fruition. Also, any updates on the retail space?
Working on the Pocket Park now, might be slow taking shape. Still cleaning up some stuff. Some delays on Granite. Have a meeting next Tuesday on-site so can fill you in if it doesn't get canceled because everyone is away for July 4th! The small gallery has been leased by an artist from Brunswick who does neat stuff with wood and epoxy. And we do finalllllllyyyyy have a bite on the corner space. But very early, very preliminary. ~ C

Back