The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

IMG_3337_2.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 2.31.36 PM.jpeg

Took my original photo with Dr. StrangeHat's creative addition along with Matt's recent photo to compare how close everything actually turned out. Not bad and the tower turned out to be visually wider than I thought which is a plus. Not counting the western corner, I notice the rendering has 6 vertical rows of brick and 7 vertical rows of metal cladding. The finished building has 5 rows of brick and 8 rows of cladding?

Last edited:
And I'll give myself a B for pairing up two photos where Matt and I must have been standing in almost the same spot for the shots and editing them to equal sizes with limited technical skills! No signage on 511 Congress, different bank sign for the Fidelity Building, a new sign on One Monument Square and all of the boats have left town. :)

Last edited:
And I'll give myself a B for pairing up two photos where Matt and I must have been standing in almost the same spot for the shots and editing them to equal sizes with limited technical skills! No signage on 511 Congress, different bank sign for the Fidelity Building, a new sign on One Monument Square and all of the boats have left town. :)
That place is a hidden gem!

Took my original photo with Dr. StrangeHat's creative addition along with Matt's recent photo to compare how close everything actually turned out. Not bad and the tower turned out to be visually wider than I thought which is a plus. Not counting the western corner, I notice the rendering has 6 vertical rows of brick and 7 vertical rows of metal cladding. The finished building has 5 rows of brick and 8 rows of cladding?

They moved the skinny window from the bricks to the metal. Before the bricks had 5 regular and 1 skinny, the metal 6 regular and 1 skinny. Now the metal side has both skinny windows.

"Only a matter of time before another building takes the title of the tallest" in Portland is music to my ears! WCSH 6 could have added a few shots of the outside profile of the building from a distance and how it fits into the skyline. Am also curious why the tower was being referred to as "201 Federal Street" numerous times instead of "The Casco"?

Last edited:
Seeing the show was actually aired the other night, I would have figured Redfern would have used the free marketing opportunity to introduce the official name of the building which Rob Caldwell or Samantha York could have easily done at the end of the segment.

Seeing the show was actually aired the other night, I would have figured Redfern would have used the free marketing opportunity to introduce the official name of the building which Rob Caldwell or Samantha York could have easily done at the end of the segment.
It was filmed prior to the name change. Luckily the edited out the other one before airing! ~ C

Having issues posting pics that are viewed in message? Settings change. Any advice? ~ C

You can copy and paste pics directly into here. They don't need to be hosted to be posted.
I don’t understand why the pics are showing up as attachments rather than in the post? ~ C

That's awesome!
It should give you a choice between Thumbnail and Full-size when you paste it in; choosing one will show it in the post.

May we have an update on the rooftop sign installation Catherine so I can be downtown to observe and take photos?

Last edited:

Back