The city that Tom built

I can't find a suitable thread for this (read: I lost patience and didn't look hard).

Curbed Boston has put together a "heat map" of Boston towers (?) over 20-storeys tall.

http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2012/10/our-boston-towers-heatmap-where-the.php

Anything missing? (Is GrandMarc taller than 20-storeys?)

There are at least 15 buildings planned or going up in Boston that are slated to be 20 stories or higher, including conversions and additions to existing properties. This is more than at any one time in years, decades even. These new projects range from what will be Boston's tallest residential spire, the Millennium Tower, to squatter, but no less transformative addresses, like the 20-story 319 A Street, destined to be Fort Point Channel's tallest building.

^^ Pier 4 apartment tower at 21 floors.
Liberty Mutual HQ

Last edited:
Copley Square Tower on Dartmouth St.

Although haven't heard/seen anything on that in some time. Did I miss its second death?

-----------------

My bad - they placed the marker for it at the MFA. That's slightly off.

And if they are including 133 Fed (TNP), they might as well speculate about Christian Science Center.

Copley Square Tower on Dartmouth St.

Although haven't heard/seen anything on that in some time. Did I miss its second death?

Copley Place? It's on there as #13.

----

Just saw your edit. I submitted a comment correcting it.

I would love to see someone photoshop all the planned buildings into a skyline shot to see what the city might look like in a few years if they all get built.... any takers?

I can't find a suitable thread for this (read: I lost patience and didn't look hard).

Curbed Boston has put together a "heat map" of Boston towers (?) over 20-storeys tall.

http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2012/10/our-boston-towers-heatmap-where-the.php

Anything missing? (Is GrandMarc taller than 20-storeys?)

GrandMarc/NU Dorm (YMCA Tower) will be 17 stories and under 200 feet. However, the Christian Science Center Master Plan includes at least three towers that will be over 20 stories tall... one of them would be 500 feet tall in fact.
How big is the Joslin Diabetes construction going to be? Anything else going on at LMA? How about the corner parcel at Brookline Ave & Boylston in the Fenway Triangle?

The brookline/boylston corner will be the highest building in the area. Trilogy and boylston west will both be smaller on either side and they are over 20 at their highest parts.

"The Point" is zoned up to 250'

As for Joslin, I'm pretty sure it got chopped down to below 200.

What about the proposed Beth Israel addition near Jamaicaway?

Not that it matters, but I'm surprised that TNP is even on there, yet SST isn't.

Good point about the Christian Science buildings as those are definitely happening.

Back