The Harlo (née Skanska Fenway Project (Burger King))| 1350 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: The Harlo (née Skanska Fenway Project (Burger King))| 1350 Boylston Street | Fenw

That turned out pretty nice. Shame about that giant blank wall next door.

Re: The Harlo (née Skanska Fenway Project (Burger King))| 1350 Boylston Street | Fenw

Scroll up like literally 2 posts. Theyre putting a mural on it. It definitely did turn out nice.

Mural's up:

xIyTKzVh.jpg

IqXrIswh.jpg

Not my favorite piece of art ever, but if this pos blank wall really just turned into a place that will forever hold rotating iconic murals on the Fenway “strip” of Boylston, Boston just took another W. Just when this was really looking like a loss, nope cured. Cities across the world are trying to incorporate more art into their skylines, blank spaces...etc and we just flipped a huge miss into a PRIME canvas location...

Last edited:

^ Indeed. It's the only attractive element of the building where it's been installed.

It's important/interesting to note that it's not a mural in the literal sense- it's a silk-screened piece of fabric attached to the party wall, and not painted. I'm sure it'll be replaced and renewed on a rotating basis.

Wow! Nice find!!

Theres a tiny section where you can see a face in the mural. Or at least eyes. I only noticed it going up the escalator in target, so I went outside to double check.

Nice drone video showing 3 recent projects including the Burk St, NU dorms,
Serenity, & The Harlot.

Back