The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

They gave a little more detail on Twitter just now - it was in the earnings call and BXP didn't say who it was. Just said "third tenant" and "after acquisition", so we know it wasn't Verizon or Rapid7. They'd be the first two tenants.
Am I understanding correctly that the third tenant backed out after it was acquired by another company?

Never thought I'd day this, but something in me likes the lines on the fat side.

Same. But I have to ask...

Is anyone else annoyed by this?

(Photo by BeeLine)

Clearly that's a mistake, right? I've been waiting to see if there would be any more half lines like that, but no... just the one. And as far as I can tell both sides of the building have the same pattern, and its companion on the other side is the correct length (see here).

Please tell me they intend to fix this.

Same. But I have to ask...

Is anyone else annoyed by this?

(Photo by BeeLine)

Clearly that's a mistake, right? I've been waiting to see if there would be any more half lines like that, but no... just the one. And as far as I can tell both sides of the building have the same pattern, and its companion on the other side is the correct length (see here).

Please tell me they intend to fix this.

Never noticed this, but yeah, I hope it's a mistake that's going to be fixed.

Also, I work over in this area. I know we're architecture geeks here and pay more attention to construction than the average Joe, but I constantly hear people talking about these buildings walking down Causeway during the day. It's really hard to downplay the impact they're having already. I can't wait until they're filled and buzzing with people.

The resident tower looks great. Driving down down Rutherford onto Causeway the night before last it became clear--it's the (tallest looking) ~500' tower in Boston. If it'd gone the full 659' from the original (approved) height, it would have looked like a typical NYC style resident tower.

That parking lot (former gas station) between the Forecaster and the coffee shop is just begging for development. is it big enough to go high and make the $ work?

There's been some conversation in the past, if I remember. The ownership is mixed up between a couple different people, I think? My concern, as a developer, would be ground mitigation (sounds like an incorrect term) if they did residential, but maybe that's an easy fix?

PS. From what I can tell, sales in the Forecaster have been slow.

That parking lot (former gas station) between the Forecaster and the coffee shop is just begging for development. is it big enough to go high and make the $ work?

Great shots! I absolutely love how this extends the skyline to the north (left in the photos). The office tower will push it out even further visually, and the Congress St development fills the gap between the core and the Custom House beautifully! Really adds some visual density from this perspective! Will SST fill the gap between State Street and the Ritz?

Last edited:
Great shots! I absolutely love how this extends the skyline to the north (left in the photos). The office tower will push it out even further visually, and the Congress St development fills the gap between the core and the Custom House beautifully! Really adds some visual density from this perspective! Will SST fill the gap between State Street and the Ritz?

Not to mention 35 Lomasney (at nearly 490 feet), which will similarly fill in the gap (even more so when viewed from Arlington's Skyline park, or when driving down from the peak of Route 2 heading towards Cambridge, etc.)

From that angle it won't. SST would rise over 100 Summer Street, the black high-rise to the left of 1 Financial Center.

The Residential portion "Hub 50 House" is preleasing now with a model room open on Causeway. Go schedule a tour for the first tower views, with a currently scheduled opening of October 1. Surprised they weren't able to catch Boston's September 1 mega-market. The first of the retail portions is hoping to open this summer.

Parts of the Garden are getting renovated as well this summer, but the Bruins are messing with their schedule for the new lobby and locker rooms... not sure anybody is complaining though.

Back