The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

^ fascinating. What an incredible quick-turn construction project. Does anyone know if the garden is closed for events (concerts, etc.) this summer?

If not (or either way, I suppose), kudos and best wishes to the project managers making this work, and to the many night shift workers I'd surmise are required...

The renovations were supposed to start much sooner, but they've had to hold off on them for obvious reasons.

FWIW, when they did the last batch of major renovations 5 years of so ago, they still had events over the summer. I remember seeing U2 and there was bare concrete for a floor and exposed columns in the 300 level.

The renovations were supposed to start much sooner, but they've had to hold off on them for obvious reasons.

The front lobby is already being worked on, and they're doing a full renovation on the locker rooms as soon as this pesky Stanley and his cup stop delaying construction. (Pretty sure the only one griping is the construction manager though...)

There are a lot of changes to the seating arrangements happening too as all of those ugly yellow seats are traded out (already started), and the ADA sections are totally revamped. Interesting note - the ADA sections are being shrunk in compliance with the new code, but with much improved sightlines since currently anybody in a wheelchair can't see as soon as people stand up!

Here's a more extensive render of what the new Level 9 balcony seating will look like:
premium_rafters-concourse-bowl_1400x534.jpg

...recently posted at:
https://www.nba.com/celtics/tickets/premium

Man, that office tower really has some girth. Especially coming down 93. Question - it's clear it is set back from the side of the pedestal, but does it actually overhang Causeway Street, or is that an optical illusion?

Man, that office tower really has some girth. Especially coming down 93. Question - it's clear it is set back from the side of the pedestal, but does it actually overhang Causeway Street, or is that an optical illusion?

It does overhang, which I'm kind of floored by, honestly. Hold on- I grabbed a photo a week or two ago; I'll post it once I pull it off of my camera.

RIght - I just wasnt sure if I was seeing that correctly or if my eyes/the picture were playing tricks. That's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the confirmation! This thing is a behemoth.

Thanks, Stick. That's a sweet render - i don't think I've seen that one before. I like the pillars that wrap around - mimics the pillars on the Res Tower. I'll admit - it's growing on me.

I never noticed the interface between the residential and base. What a mess. That is a good rendering,though.

Last edited:
!!! Thanks, Beeline, the weekend got away from me and I didn't get around to posting.

Weirdly enough, I feel the overhang's less jarring from directly underneath than, say, viewing it from in front of the residential tower.

Back