The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Vagabond

Reaction score
The Garden is notorious for having terrible soft ice in the summer, and it was always an issue for long playoff runs. The NHL playoff plans don't even include Boston as a potential location.

I know as part of the renovations that a lot more insulation was added to the building, and there were rumors that the office tower would share a "booster" chiller to help cool the arena portion of the building since office/arena events have complementary schedules. Anybody working on this project know if this was implemented?

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score
The Garden is notorious for having terrible soft ice in the summer, and it was always an issue for long playoff runs. The NHL playoff plans don't even include Boston as a potential location.

I know as part of the renovations that a lot more insulation was added to the building, and there were rumors that the office tower would share a "booster" chiller to help cool the arena portion of the building since office/arena events have complementary schedules. Anybody working on this project know if this was implemented?
First half of the season seems like eons ago (because it was)...but how was the ice in preseason & start of season Sept.-Oct.? Soft ice usually hit them start-of-season too on those warm weeks.

whighlander

Reaction score
Looking up from ground level looks good imo.
Stick -- I'm wondering of the unfinished look of the various protuberances -- its like being underneath someones 2nd floor deck that has been up for a few years -- lots of cobwebs and stuff

whighlander

Reaction score

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
Something like this one tower would have fit very nicely at the Hub on Causeway instead of the two towers we now have:

It's the Victoria Cross over-station tower by Bates Smart.

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
It is a bit bland but I like the unified theme of it rather than the pile of mismatched tinker toys at the Hub on Causeway.