The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

@stick, I know I am going to be crucified upside down for saying this, but as the project stands, I'm not a fan at all. It looks very sophomoric and lacks the signature stays that it needs for such a prime location. Very disappointed.

Na you wont. I get it completely and like I said I absolutely hate the residential. Ive just been able to accept the office tower. I think most people would agree this could have been the spot for an icon but its just ok. I do like the ground level though.

I have to agree with the street level interaction. It is pretty spot on. I am just worried that there will be something that will have to be VE'd. I am not looking forward to that day.

I've shared these two but since its a render dump.... Gensler

project_huboncauseway_1024x576_05_1474499258_1024x576.jpg

project_huboncauseway_1024x576_01_1474499135_1024x576.jpg

Put a good laser inside the spire with a telescope mount to point it -- and you could make Jeff really jealous -- as you could paint Mars [at least near closest approach and opposition ]. The next good opportunity -- 2020 October 13] write a variant on the Ole Charles River Park "If your corp[orate logo was on this building it would have been seen from Mars"

I read the tip of the spire will be 656' can anyone confirm? Thats pretty high. Bizjournals in february said 487' which is occupiable floor heigt, but can anyone confirm the spire height? I knew it would be over 600, but thats pretty significant. Thanks.

I don't think we have a confirmed height as far as I know. I believe that is just a best guess height based on information in the PNF.

The problem isn't the office....
The problem is the residential was supposed to be the stand-out tower, and instead pre-emptively lopped off 150' for no good reason! We're stuck with a plateau 495' tower instead of the 600'+ this was ALREADY APPROVED for.

^^659' to the tip. would have been incredible. so sad.

When they do multiple parcels in this city, they build the sq ft that you could do in a single parcel ...build sideways, rendering multiple turds.

I read the tip of the spire will be 656' can anyone confirm? Thats pretty high. Bizjournals in february said 487' which is occupiable floor heigt, but can anyone confirm the spire height? I knew it would be over 600, but thats pretty significant. Thanks.

Resident tower is 495' to the rooftip.

The office tower ranges between about 505'~515' to the running board.

Last edited:
^ Im asking if this site got it right on the height to the tip of the spire from someone who may have either a better source or someone who may know people involved with the construction. Since some people have other members blocked its going to appear that I am double posting asking the same question twice.

Even those numbers seem off. The renders show more like 485~488' to the tip on the resident tower (slashed to a mere 32 stories above the podium??), and maybe 490~495' to the top of the office's semi transparent structure. The spire looks like an antenna. It doesn't add much prominence....

I did the math out about 100 times when I was doing the diagram image and I couldn't get the height to the top of the spire below 600 feet and the roof of the crown reaches 550 feet at the most conservative estimate. I think the mostly likely height is for the roof of the crown to reach 560 feet and for the spire to reach 610 feet or something close to that.

That is still a less dramatic height boost than some other towers get for example to contrast the current image on skyscraperpage which is not mine and a Pelli designed tower in Milan.

lD5l3Vx.png

656' is exactly 200 meters so it sounds like an estimate to me.

Does this mean that the 38 story residential tower will go up at the same time as the 10 story hotel portion (basically connected to it?)

Also, I like the rendering that the Herald used of the office portion (sans spire).

Picturing a 60,000 sq. ft. grocery store in that excavated hole puts a big grin on my face. :)

Of all the developments happening across the city, I think this one makes me the most satisfied. Most Bostonians don't have the slightest clue how awesome it'll be to live, work, play, and stay in this area once Hub on Causeway completes.

Just think... 25 years ago, standing here...
First, you wouldn't see anything because you'd be in the Garden.
Then, even without the Garden, the Green Line El.
Then, without that, the Central Artery... blocking everything behind it, and no Merano, no Lovejoy (but behind it, an abandoned brick hulk, not New Balance), no renovated government building (whatever it's called) or other buildings over there, either.

^^^
You see all that. Cool! :)

When I look at it I see Bill Russell and Wilt C, Bobby Orr, Pie and Espo, the Stones, the Dead, George Harrison and the Who. :(

I hope they dont build a movie theater here. Id rather see one in the seaport it seems to make more sense and I really doubt our market can handle 2 more movie theaters just based on how dead the big ones are even before they add capacity

Back