The Ipswich | 2 Charlesgate West | Fenway

Well then… thats not what I expected on a random thursday soooo deep into the cycle where most things are being put on hold. Build it!!

I thought this was long gone and dead, so pleased to see the resurrection. And personally, I like this proposal better. Build baby, build!

That's a really significant extension of the skyline west!
Is it? The Pierce and Fenway Center are further west and of similar height, as is the BU stack-of-books and STUVi2. This building is basically in-line with the Huntington tower as well.

My thought on seeing this was Park 151 in Cambridge, which wasn't inspiring in renders and came out slightly better than drawn, but still entirely forgettable.

Neither of these redesigns holds a candle to the original proposal, which was basically the same height as this version.

Ugly and bland but we badly need more housing so build baby build and anything this height that gets built in this city can only help with future projects reaching for the sky instead of bowing down to the nimbys like always. So again Build Baby Build!!!🥳

Aren’t the Fenway Group going to have an issue with the 300’? If I remember correctly they objected to the original proposal because of its impact on the sight lines from the ball park to the cities skyline. Have they mellowed in recent years?

The original proposal was 367' and this is down to 316' so maybe that will make the difference regarding the Fenway sight lines.

Aren’t the Fenway Group going to have an issue with the 300’? If I remember correctly they objected to the original proposal because of its impact on the sight lines from the ball park to the cities skyline. Have they mellowed in recent years?
IIRC, Fenway Group (back in 2007) objected to developments here due to proponents having a view of home plate/Red Sox rivals stealing signs for the benefit of out-of-town teams. I think both Scape at CGW and the Boston Conservatory property leads for the Masco lot were kinda like, “Seriously, John Henry? Your pitching rivals in MLB ain’t our audience, so we’re gonna put our damn windows where they make sense, you paranoid twit.”

I think the two projects at 2 CGW and Boston Conservatory are either single-unit/furnished + affordable housing (Scape) or student housing in quads (Boston Conservatory).

How much interest do any of them folks have in “stealing pitches” at Fenway? Probably not so much, eh?

I cant help but feel the “spindle” artwork facing directly towards one of the most hated overpasses in the city is the architect giving a big FU to car culture.

We're going from building a 21st century, residential take on the Lipstick Building to building StuVi 7.

(I'll still take, but disappointing.)

“(I'll still take, but disappointing.” - every major Boston development in the past 20 years other than One Congress (and 1 Dalton and MT - for the most part; honorable mention/A for effort to BU’s stack of books)

I'll still take... way more than I'd take any of the Coruscant BS they're getting in New York.

Back