The Lucas | 136 Shawmut Ave | South End

Someone forgot to give Marty his "envelope?"

I heard from the real estate network that this project is stalled due to a labor dispute. It is likely to be months behind schedule.

When I walked by this afternoon a crew of 10 to 12 men were very busy.

^ That has to be the worst development progress picture in the history of archboston.....but I like it. Its kind of a perfect reflection of the fact that there aint shit goin on here and there aint shit to see yet. The dark gloomy out of focus picture is like the ashes of the old church and then one day in the future we will get the "phoenix" risen in all its HD glory when its finally finished. If any of that made any sense.

I thought it was a random picture of the Federal Reserve at first.

There are only 5 units left for sale in this building. 28 sold /33 units total = 85% pre-sold!

I heard from the real estate network that this project is stalled due to a labor dispute. It is likely to be months behind schedule.

Well they've been waiting for Verizon to hook up their services, but because of the strike they can't get any crews out there (site office services maybe?). Perhaps that's the "labor dispute"?

We've also been waiting about a month for our new telephone service to be set up in some new offices we've expanded into...

Strike just ended so this should get moving again soonish. Depending on where it is on the back log priority list.

81a2f8_a525bc1ca7314107aab533b79a876a69.jpg

There is something really awful looking about this. Combining the hump like protrusion of glass and the semi-gothic structure of the retained church walls and steeple, all I can thing of is Quasimodo.

i actually love it. the church is great, but if it can't function as a church, i like the reuse and the glass makes the old vs. new interplay very nice. i think this is a building that when you walk by it you'll say, whoa i'd love to live in that.

Obviously, it's opinions and personal taste, but i like it.

I think this might have looked better with some graceful work on the roof (a glass simulacra of the original roof, maybe), but yeah, it looks..... odd.

I think that the prices that are being charged for these units are horrendous!

I think this might have looked better with some graceful work on the roof (a glass simulacra of the original roof, maybe), but yeah, it looks..... odd.

The blocky addition exactly maxes out the FAR and height for the site for as of rights zoning approval.

The blocky addition exactly maxes out the FAR and height for the site for as of rights zoning approval.

That's too bad. Could they have done something uninhabited, just glass encased?

Back