The New Retail Thread

I work in DTX and I'm fairly certain absolutely no work has been done on that facade. It's been wrapped up forever (a year now) and I've never seen a single person working in the scaffolding.

If you peek behind the covering, most of the facade of the lower floors has been removed. That was a few months ago, so I don't know what they've done since, if anything.

I work in DTX and I'm fairly certain absolutely no work has been done on that facade. It's been wrapped up forever (a year now) and I've never seen a single person working in the scaffolding.

Not true at all. The old marble Barnes & Nobles marquee was totally ripped out, simultaneous with the interior being massively gutted and brought up to code. Now they're doing a full modernization renovation.

What, you're going to spend $820 psf on a property and just let things marinate for 2 years?!?

I stand corrected. Talk about a covert project.

Thank you everyone for the info.

Posting this here, because I didn't want to start a "Post-Retail Thread."

There's a part of me that wishes that this "place" worked like a roach motel - "Narcissists check in, but they don't check out."

Come on, Beton, loosen up! If people want to pay $30 to enter this place and have fun for a while, what's the harm? It might not be something you or I would ever spend our money on, but I well remember the crazy things I did spend my money on and laugh about it now! I haven't gotten that old to chuckle when I see something like this, and think, "if they're having a great time, have at it!" Actually, I wish I had thought of this! LOL The dude who thought it up is having a great time, and making money too! BTW, got a good laugh with your roach motel comment!

If my job was in marketing Prozac, I'd search #happyplace for lead generation.

Posting this here, because I didn't want to start a "Post-Retail Thread."

There's a part of me that wishes that this "place" worked like a roach motel - "Narcissists check in, but they don't check out."

We walked by this yesterday and my girlfriend was trying to tell me I was going to this. HA! It will be a cold day in hell when I step foot in there. I hate what some parts of the internet have turned our culture into. This is such fake pretentious bullshit with the "influencing"-- disgusting

Fools and their money are easily parted. Good on someone figuring out a new way to redirect economic capital into their own pockets.

C'mon guys, Influencers are out there doing God's work. They're all about harmony, travel, lifestyle, fashion and equality while getting paid for not working #blessed

I wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks at someone who lets me, a grown man, jump into a ball pit. The problem is the fucking phones/cameras. But therein lies the profit - no narcissists means much less revenue. Just going and having fun without being a major douche is beyond many people.

I just spent a week in Spain and the difference in retail scene is striking. Such a huge variety of shops, and comparatively few chains. I dont know where the US went wrong with retail.

I just spent a week in Spain and the difference in retail scene is striking. Such a huge variety of shops, and comparatively few chains. I dont know where the US went wrong with retail.

I'm gonna go with unchecked capitalism that's a breeding ground for large corporations that snuff out the small guys

I stayed near Sevilla for about a month in the Marines on the way back from Afghanistan/Centcom and another really cool thing is they kept the old city untouched and just built the new city on the outside. I know it wouldnt have really worked with Boston, but it was really cool. If there was room they built some new buildings, but overall its all in tact.

I stayed near Sevilla for about a month in the Marines on the way back from Afghanistan/Centcom and another really cool thing is they kept the old city untouched and just built the new city on the outside. I know it wouldnt have really worked with Boston, but it was really cool. If there was room they built some new buildings, but overall its all in tact.

Same with Toledo.

Americans love demolishing stuff.

Back