The New Retail Thread

The restaurant association needs to cram this right back up where it came from.

They really do. Every single day I hear people walking by the Trillium, Wachusett ("The Patios"), and Cisco beer gardens go "oh, that's awesome, we should go there." It's one of the outdoor things Boston does right.

I have to respect his honesty, though - he's essentially saying "we filed this legislation because we don't like all this competition and we'd like to ban them from existing".

I have to respect his honesty, though - he's essentially saying "we filed this legislation because we don't like all this competition and we'd like to ban them from existing".

Indeed, they're not hiding the fact that this is pure crony capitalism.

Dig Inn opened yesterday in Fort Point on Thomson Place near Bartaco. For some reason, this location is being called "Dig" - no Inn. Same food, same menu. A search about a company rebrand yields nothing... except confusion.

BoConcept (high-end furniture store) will open on Newbury Street.

Dig Inn opened yesterday in Fort Point on Thomson Place near Bartaco. For some reason, this location is being called "Dig" - no Inn. Same food, same menu. A search about a company rebrand yields nothing... except confusion.

I believe that was the case for at least one Dig (Inn) I saw in NYC this past weekend.

Yes that sign is fake. However they have had it fenced off for at least 3 weeks

Boston is now probably the best beer city on the East Coast (it's a toss up with Asheville and Portland). And that's because, over the past 5-10 years, breweries have exploded all over the outer neighborhoods, pioneering the hottest style of beer in America right now (New England IPAs). These are places like Aeronaut, Trillium, Lamplighter, and Winter Hill Brewing Company - places that make excellent beer that's unique to New England, and places that are seriously investing in the neighborhoods around them.

Sam Adams ISN'T EVEN TECHNICALLY A BOSTON BREWERY. The facility in JP primiarly exists for R&D, and 99% of all Sam Adams brewed in the world is brewed in Ohio or Pennsylvania. Its beer is sub-par and it's as much a part of the authentic Boston community as the Cheers bar is.

This tap room will be a huge hit with tourists, but anyone who actually lives in Boston and likes beer will stay away, with good reason. Faneuil Hall sits right smack in the middle of a beer-drinking city, and will now prominently feature that city's worst brewery.

Back