The New Retail Thread

#bancars

Reaction score
How do you feel about Pavement?

I personally like Tatte well enough. The food is overpriced, but I try to go once every other month or so because (while expensive) it’s really yummy!
I've been to every Pavement in Boston, and spend a fair amount of time in them, as they are concentrated in Allston / Brighton / Fenway. I think their food is pretty lackluster, especially their bagels. But I like the coffee a lot, and find their cafes to be good places to work. Especially the Fenway Pavement on Boylston. Their music selection is usually fantastic.

falcon42

Reaction score
Right, surely any weakness in DTX's retail sector is clearly attributable to a random one-off act of youthful hooliganism, and not the global forces of hyperappreciation of urban real estate conjoined with the Amazon juggernaut.

P.S. Care to garnish your argument with a boatload of other news stories about chronic youth violence in DTX destroying retail's conference there? Oh right, there aren't any... I mean, really, if you're going to argue something, can't you at least try to marshal supporting evidence, instead of just emitting an impulsive knee-jerk reaction?
Not to worry, they won't be prosecuted in the end! Check on these cases in a few weeks/months and I'd bet they will be continued without a finding or dismissed. That's the culture that has been set up in Boston now, unfortunately.

ErnieAdams

Reaction score
Taco Bell coming to 872 Comm. Ave. in front of BU West, most recently a 7-11 and half of a Mattress Discounters before that. Guess we can expect to see more of them after their (presumptive) success with the downtown location. This one will be two doors down from Chipotle.

Lrfox

Reaction score
Taco Bell coming to 872 Comm. Ave. in front of BU West, most recently a 7-11 and half of a Mattress Discounters before that. Guess we can expect to see more of them after their (presumptive) success with the downtown location. This one will be two doors down from Chipotle.
There used to be one a few blocks away at 700 Commonwealth Avenue. I don't think they'll be an unwelcome addition to the area at all.

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to worry, they won't be prosecuted in the end! Check on these cases in a few weeks/months and I'd bet they will be continued without a finding or dismissed. That's the culture that has been set up in Boston now, unfortunately.
They'll likely get a PPD offer. Which is the right thing for the courts to do...