The New Retail Thread

Fight club in Central Sq
DSC_0227.jpeg
DSC_0229.jpeg
DSC_0226.jpeg

As of 1 October, REI (urban/small format) is open at Lechmere/Cambridge Crossing ... near the new metro station (not yet open).

@ivyhedge, any inside info on what's happening on the 2nd floor of the building REI's in? I thought at first it might be a two-story store, but it seems REI's only occupuying the ground level. Very cool to see this open here.

Yes, in the Goodwin building I believe. Also, Lucid Motors is opening in Echelon.
Lucid grabbing that prime corner spot, not a bank. Yet.

Attachments

• 09F48A33-BB9B-4121-9283-BE97716E589D.jpeg
    09F48A33-BB9B-4121-9283-BE97716E589D.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 179
  • C4C92901-DD6C-4CF8-87D0-DFE5CB357745.jpeg
    C4C92901-DD6C-4CF8-87D0-DFE5CB357745.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 192
  • EB9B741E-D769-4CCF-A3AB-22CCFF545B3C.jpeg
    EB9B741E-D769-4CCF-A3AB-22CCFF545B3C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 186
  • C51F5538-58D0-4581-B19B-9AFC9EFDE6F0.jpeg
    C51F5538-58D0-4581-B19B-9AFC9EFDE6F0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 185
I was walking around the Seaport on Sunday and Wagamama has closed their Seaport location. I always enjoyed their food, and the patio was dog friendly. I had a hard time finding a patio that was dog friendly. I had to order from Shack Shack and take it over to sit near One Marina Park. (Which was OK.) The Wagamama website now only lists Quincy Market and Prudential Center in Boston: Find the nearest wagamama location near you | japanese restaurant. curry ramen teppanyaki dunburi kokoro There used to be a Wagamama in Harvard Square too.

I was walking around the Seaport on Sunday and Wagamama has closed their Seaport location. I always enjoyed their food, and the patio was dog friendly. I had a hard time finding a patio that was dog friendly. I had to order from Shack Shack and take it over to sit near One Marina Park. (Which was OK.) The Wagamama website now only lists Quincy Market and Prudential Center in Boston: Find the nearest wagamama location near you | japanese restaurant. curry ramen teppanyaki dunburi kokoro There used to be a Wagamama in Harvard Square too.
Oh that is sad. It's kind of a generic chain, but I still enjoyed going there from time to time. The Tatte patio nearby is still dog friendly I think.

Hey so this is a bit about less NEW retail/etc. I’ve heard that Faneuil Hall’s Christmas random lights on their trees got repo’d so they got taken away and I’m in Faneuil now seeing three 18 wheeler trucks taking things out of Quincy market. Anyone have any inside knowledge?

This is strange. We went to eat in the Seaport on a Saturday last month and you could not get a table in any of the restaurants. Even Morton's had only a bar table available.

Hey so this is a bit about less NEW retail/etc. I’ve heard that Faneuil Hall’s Christmas random lights on their trees got repo’d so they got taken away and I’m in Faneuil now seeing three 18 wheeler trucks taking things out of Quincy market. Anyone have any inside knowledge?
I remember this story from last November. Although the hall is still listed on the operator's web site. faneuil-hall-marketplace-owes-boston. If Jimmy's is moving in there they should play up the whole history of Boston's rum trade days; molasses and such.

Last edited:
This is strange. We went to eat in the Seaport on a Saturday last month and you could not get a table in any of the restaurants. Even Morton's had only a bar table available.
Yeah, that location was always quiet, never really took off, even though the majority of Seaport restaurants are doing very well.

I really can't get over how badly the BPDA botched the decision to master lease Quincy Market to the Ashkenazi team...they could not possibly be less imaginative. They have done nothing to truly invest and make it an interesting and dynamic place. What a shame. Margaritaville... It doesn't get worse that that.

I am still fine with Faneuil Hall being the stupid tourist aggregating grounds. Keeps the idiot outsiders away from the rest of the cities restaurants and bars. The smart ones know better.

Speaking of banks, Chase is taking one of the retail slots in the Abbott Building in Harvard Square.

I am still fine with Faneuil Hall being the stupid tourist aggregating grounds. Keeps the idiot outsiders away from the rest of the cities restaurants and bars. The smart ones know better.

This may have been true in the past, but I think the average tourist is doing their homework ("best restaurants in Boston" is an easy Google search). There are plenty of people still filling seats at Faneuil Hall restaurants, but they're all over the city too. I even see a steady stream of them getting off at Maverick and looking at their phones trying to find their way to Reel House or Tall Ship (though the latter is now closed for the season).

Back