The New Retail Thread

Applebees fits the are perfectly. It is cheap.

I'm not opposed to it being an applebees (well...a little maybe). I am opposed to it being a 1 story structure with a parking lot in front of it when it is directly next to 2 greenlines and 2 bus lines.

The Applebees and the defunct Circle Cinema lots have some of the greatest TOD potential of all non-air-rights parcels I can think of.

Maybe a Gateway Tower type of concept?

Would be nice to see the Circle Cinemas redeveloped into something -- or, perhaps even reopened by a different chain or an independent?

We're going to NYC on Friday for the weekend. Friday night dinner will be at Applebee's. Yum! That's fine city dining.

Gluttony presented as a virtue. Can that serve anyone but the restaurant?

Could this be just a tiny bit disgusting? Puerile? Infantile?

Should the Pope issue an encyclical?

Competitive eating is big, ablarc. It's like Food Network's X-Games.

We're going to NYC on Friday for the weekend. Friday night dinner will be at Applebee's. Yum! That's fine city dining.

John, may I humbly suggest this little place. Thank me later.

How about 2nd Avenue Deli? Not expensive, and distinctly and uniquely New York.

Looks good, but at nearly twice Boston prices.

Food, drink and service are all otherworldly good. Authentic. The owner's grandmother sits at a table near the entrance and makes the ravioli by hand. And it's steps away from the Village Vanguard.

As a property owner in Cleveland Circle, I'm thrilled to see many of the nearby businesses finally beautifying the area. (sure, the new, much louder Cityside bar is compelling me to spend 6k for some soundproof windows in my condo but that's a story for another time and place)

Also, a couple months ago, the city told the Brighton/Aberdeen neighborhood association that it would be installing new lighting throughout the Circle in the spring. No more ugly 1960's globe lamps and unnecessarily tall highway lights!

As a property owner in Cleveland Circle, I'm thrilled to see many of the nearby businesses finally beautifying the area. (sure, the new, much louder Cityside bar is compelling me to spend 6k for some soundproof windows in my condo but that's a story for another time and place)

Also, a couple months ago, the city told the Brighton/Aberdeen neighborhood association that it would be installing new lighting throughout the Circle in the spring. No more ugly 1960's globe lamps and unnecessarily tall highway lights!

thank god!!! i had to stare at those things everyday for a year and every time i saw them i wanted to puke!

That's a little bit of news that'll go a long way. Can't wait.

A large banner states UBurger is coming to Tremont St. across from Park St. Station. I work near here, anyone know if it's any good? I'm just pleased something other than a CVS, bank, or cell phone store is opening.

A large banner states UBurger is coming to Tremont St. across from Park St. Station. I work near here, anyone know if it's any good? I'm just pleased something other than a CVS, bank, or cell phone store is opening.

It's pretty good. I've eaten at their kenmore location, never at their western comm ave spot.

I find it hard to judge burger quality.

Hopefully they're open late. Does it not blow anyone else's mind that the Mcdonalds and Burger king on tremont close at 10 and 11pm?

I mean, I don't love fast good, but I've been in that area, the godamn heart of the city, after 10pm and everything is closed except for the bars.

I dont understand how a suburban mcdonalds can open 24 hours but all boston locations close at 11pm.

Does it not blow anyone else's mind that the Mcdonalds and Burger king on tremont close at 10 and 11pm?

Seriously.

Is that uber limited selection, "walk-thru" McDonalds by Quincy Market still open late (till 2am, iirc)? At least they make an effort to cater to the late-nite crowd, but the fact that you can't sit down inside is even more ridiculous than the limited food offerings.

Seriously.

Is that uber limited selection, "walk-thru" McDonalds by Quincy Market still open late (till 2am, iirc)? At least they make an effort to cater to the late-nite crowd, but the fact that you can't sit down inside is even more ridiculous than the limited food offerings.

I believe it is open later than 2 am. I have eaten there a bunch of times between the hours of 1 and 2:30.

It's s smart move on McDonalds part to not let people eat inside, imagine a pack of drunk hungry people invading the place?

I believe it is open later than 2 am. I have eaten there a bunch of times between the hours of 1 and 2:30.

It's s smart move on McDonalds part to not let people eat inside, imagine a pack of drunk hungry people invading the place?

I hate how they jack the prices. The other night i went to the Mcdonalds on soldiers field road at 1:30am. The place only was selling quater pounders and fish sandwhiches. 2 QP, a large fry and a large High-C orange cost me $11. :mad:

Back