The New Retail Thread

Trillium has just announced that they plan to open a new, larger brewery/tap room/retail location in Fort Point.

The original announcement only gives hints, but this article talks about a full restaurant and outdoor seating area (and roof deck?), which would be amazing.
http://www.brewbound.com/news/trillium-brewing-planning-build-new-fort-point-brewery-restaurant

Any hunches where the location may be?

Could very well be Thomson Place, but Brewbound article makes me think Coppersmith. Already have the outside patio and roof deck, and is exactly 15,000 SF per their press release before 2014 opening. Here's hoping.. I always thought that building would be better suited for a brewery!

Coppermith's space is fantastic, but everything else about it sucks. So, there's nothing I'd love more than to have it become a brewery. I don't think it's the place, though. For one, I wouldn't consider it in Fort Point. It's right on the edge, but not quite. Secondly, Trillium has said "hopefully" in reference to a roof deck, so the new location probably doesn't have a working deck yet. And lastly, I don't think Coppersmith is hurting for business...not sure why they'd close up shop there.

Not a new place, per-say, but it looks like American Provisions are opening up a second location - this one in Dot in the new 'Treadmark Building' - i.e. where the old Ashmont Tire used to be in Peabody Square.

The renderings that show a perfect place for Trillium's new restaurant and beer garden are the one's with the Farnsworth Market signs
Rendering-of-47-Farnsworth-from-Plaza-Option-A-1440x720.jpg

Looks like Thompson Reuters is out of the space and work's begun up the street on Thomson Place.
v1rS8VX.jpg

Unfortunate the Yotel faces that space with loading docks (though they couldn't do anything about the MBTA headhouse).

&pizza (D.C. pizza restaurant with ~20 locations) is coming into the Tory Row space in Harvard Square.

Not sure how I missed this, but Eventide Oyster Co. from Portland, ME is coming to The Van Ness in Fenway (1325 Boylston). Truly great seafood that IMO will compete with Neptune Oyster.

&pizza (D.C. pizza restaurant with ~20 locations) is coming into the Tory Row space in Harvard Square.

YES YES YES. This is fantastic!

I love &pizza with a passion. I frequently am in DC and I love it. Probably have been at least once a month for the past couple of years. Totally fantastic addition anywhere.

This isn't too shocking because their CFO is a boston guy (HBS and worked in PE here). He told me this would happen soon but I wasn't expecting such a great location and this soon. Well done

Not sure how I missed this, but Eventide Oyster Co. from Portland, ME is coming to The Van Ness in Fenway (1325 Boylston). Truly great seafood that IMO will compete with Neptune Oyster.

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!!​

YES YES YES. This is fantastic!

I love &pizza with a passion. I frequently am in DC and I love it. Probably have been at least once a month for the past couple of years. Totally fantastic addition anywhere.

This isn't too shocking because their CFO is a boston guy (HBS and worked in PE here). He told me this would happen soon but I wasn't expecting such a great location and this soon. Well done

Here's a link: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/blog/2017/01/05/pizza-harvard-square-crimson-corner/
&pizza replaces Crimzon Corner and Tory Row

Agreed on early places, but 4-5 am I'd what I need when I want early, I'm already in work at by 6

Agreed on early places, but 4-5 am I'd what I need when I want early, I'm already in work at by 6

The wealth of cheap diners is definitely one of the things Worcester has going for it. I'm continually frustrated and perplexed by the lack of breakfast options in core Boston.

1. Mike's City Diner is excellent, but way out of the way if you work downtown also it's pretty pricey. If you're a BMC doctor/nurse though I have a feeling that's your place.

2. Paramount is very tasty but kind of not what I'm usually looking for in a breakfast offering (I want pancakes, corn beef hash and potatoes basically). Rather touristy, out of the way by downtown standards and lines can be long too so not practical for pre-office food.

3. South Street Diner is convenient southern Financial District and Leather District workers but the food is very meh and it's not cheap.

After that it's basically the endless stream of dunks and other fast food sandwich joints.

ball square in somerville has three -- kelly's diner, ball sq cafe, sound bites -- that fit the "open by 6:30 am" bill, all within half a block of one another. a little down the road towards sullivan square is buddy's cafe, which is amazing and open at 5:30 am and nearby vinny's which is open at 6. head back down broadway towards arlington and you've got modelo's (6am) and magnificent muffin & bagel (also 6am). i think all y'all bummed about early AM food spots are just living in the wrong towns. :)

ball square in somerville has three -- kelly's diner, ball sq cafe, sound bites -- that fit the "open by 6:30 am" bill, all within half a block of one another. a little down the road towards sullivan square is buddy's cafe, which is amazing and open at 5:30 am and nearby vinny's which is open at 6. head back down broadway towards arlington and you've got modelo's (6am) and magnificent muffin & bagel (also 6am). i think all y'all bummed about early AM food spots are just living in the wrong towns. :)

Sound Bites is great. Don't forget Mul's diner on west Broadway, Galley Diner and L St. Diner in Southie's East Side, and of course, McKenna's Cafe in Savin Hill. Not sure if these are 6am spots, but must be close.

The problem is that they're all being pushed out. My Diner first, and I'm sure Mul's is next. And I'm not sure how I feel about Yolk becoming the gentrified replacement.. ok in the Seaport I guess, but diners are an irreplaceable part of urban neighborhoods.

Back