The New Retail Thread

IMG_20221112_094510137.jpg
IMG_20221112_094451796.jpg
IMG_20221112_094455290.jpg
IMG_20221112_094549205.jpg

Are there any Prudential retail spaces that still sit within their original 1993 boundaries, or do they all jut out about a foot or more now?

Dumpling place called Mei Mei going in at 58 Old Colony Ave and has some cute outdoor seating in the little alleyway. This area is really becoming an interesting spot with nice options.

I'd add that, if you have 30 min+ to kill waiting for a train out of South Station, I always opt for the Alewives pub at HSP over the South Station tavern. The bartender who's there a lot is quite amiable, and it's just more pleasant overall than South Station (to not even speak of the edge in bathroom amenities...)
Any recommendations for the best place to eat within Logan? Have about an hour between when my flight arrives and when the bus departs. Thanks

Any recommendations for the best place to eat within Logan? Have about an hour between when my flight arrives and when the bus departs. Thanks

What terminal are you arriving into? Most of the restaurants at Logan are behind security. I don't think they are too many options AFTER you leave security.

Outside of the box thought - if you're flying into Terminal A, Tawakal Halal Cafe is worth a visit. It's an easy 10 minute walk from the terminal (follow signs for the cab stand and keep walking past it). As a bonus, you'll walk a small stretch of the Harborwalk with some nice views if you opt for the paved path instead of Tomahawk Drive sidewalk which won't add any time. You can order online so the food is ready when you get there. Personally, I think it's better (and more affordable) than just about anything in the airport (especially whatever limited options there are landside). Just make sure you have enough time to get back for your bus.

Last edited:
I think that what they need now is a nice new restaurant to help replace the TOTH that was on the Pru Tower's 52nd floor. Or is there one already? :unsure:

Buy something to go before you get to the airport and eat it at your gate. There are nice tables and chairs at Term. C, for example. I've found all the Logan restaurants super crowded and crazy expensive for what you get. Just plan to buy drinks (liquids) after you pass through security...or better still, bring an empty bottle and fill it with water later.

Not sure when, but I think Mecha Noodle Bar adjacent to Brookline Booksmith is fairly new--this used to be a Peet's Coffee I think.

Retail.JPG

I think that what they need now is a nice new restaurant to help replace the TOTH that was on the Pru Tower's 52nd floor. Or is there one already? :unsure:

Haven’t peaked at this thread for ages, but this reminded me of a rumor from old TOTH managers that Boston Properties (BPX) hoped Eddie V’s would be the interim TOTH while BPX renovated for a new Skywalk/dining experience.

Not sure how that’s worked out, given the only view from V’s is literally from up bar, of the vacant Belvidere arcade (the pizza place closed about a day into pandemic). V’s is a super over-priced menu barely better than Cheesecake Factory, under-pours their wines and spirits, and is a Texas steak house trying to also be a Gulf Coast fish house … in New England. I have much more preferred Ostra, Atlantic Fish, Union, James Hook, or, Lord forbid, even Legal, for a more authentic NE seafood experience.

I hope BPX contracts with a solid operator for a new concept upstairs, cause V’s is expensively disappointing.

Darwin's Ltd in Cambridge appears to have closed all of their locations amid a worker unionization effort. Licensing for a new coffee place (Roust Coffee) is on the agenda at the Cambridge License Commission to replace at least one of these closed locations:

AMC actually just acquired the Arclight at North Station. Agree that scarcity is bad and allowing the highest bidder to snatch valuable assets that benefit the public gives the feeling that somehow the rich always win. In fact the city needs to just quintuple the amount of licenses and call it a day. Abundance!!

That being said….I cannot WAIT for Alamo to open. Maybe Arclight got to keep its legacy liquor license, not sure if the original seaport theater had one.

Back