The New Retail Thread

Bakey has opened a location in Coolidge Corner! Honestly I think the quality of their bakes is a little better than Tatte. Nice place to sit, relax, and people watch.

20230827_095203.jpg
20230827_095148.jpg

I just don't get it. Friends has been off the air since 2004. There is no Boston connection within the show. However, if they have excellent coffee and food, then more power to them! If they are relying on the Friends TV Show for business, then I don't think this will last long as a concept without having some darn good coffee and food.

What was that spaced-themed restaurant that was supposed to open in Downtown Crossing in the late 80's or early 90's? Journey to Mars or something like that? There was one in New York City for a short time. It was like a space-themed Rain Forest Cafe. Anyway, it didn't last long in New York City.

Discovery likes to monetize anything that isn’t nailed down, as long as they don’t have to spend any of their cash on it.

New PRB Boulangerie (patisserie / bakery / cafe) coming to Kendall Square, adjacent to Batifol, the fairly new French restaurant. There's already an existing one at the corner of Washington and Beacon in Somerville.

20230923_133019.jpg
20230923_133033.jpg

Walked by 200 Clarendon and it appears a Tatte is opening on the Stuart St side

Have a feeling that will be very popular despite there being so many Tatte locations already, generally speaking.

Have a feeling that will be very popular despite there being so many Tatte locations already, generally speaking.

Maybe. The Blue Glass Cafe or whatever it was called before didn't succeed in this location.

Back