The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

The harborwalk is obstructed in several areas. Go down to the Marine Industrial park. Several areas where you cannot access it because of private facilities or Massport constricting you. Why doesn't CLF protest this? Great views of the harbor restricted by chained fences!!!

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Why do we have local and state Govt agencies if Rich Billionaires can just fund private non-profit organizations to just fight development progress in the city.

If that is the case. We should just get rid of the BRA or other taxpaying development and zoning agencies.
CLF (non-profit) vs the developers/Private landowners in court would decide the fate of developments.
CLF is fighting the developments for supposedly open space on the waterfront or whatever to suppress development.

Local and State Govt agencies are supposed to represent the best interest of the city and the public. I'm not sure why we need a non-profit company in this process.

That is why we vote these people into power.

I'd also point out that since the CLF is now more of a PR shop than anything else if they had won a favorable settlement we would have heard about it as soon as the judge brought down her gavel on the proceedings. I'd be surprised if they didn't get rolled here, and maybe got an additional foot added to the width of the harbor walk plus free drinks at the bar in the lobby. ;)

^ Is there anything you're not completely misinformed and confused about?

qft. I just facepalm continuously as I read his posts.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about this feels less graceful than it did before.

This is absolutely stunning compared to what's there now. Having a longer Harbor Walk and a nice clean groundspace is 1000x better than WP and ABG.

Where did these new renders come from?

So where is the garage, is it in the alley between the two buildings where this used to be?:
IMG_4747 by Derek Shooster, on Flickr

It looks like they made the building narrower to accommodate the garage on the side, and got some of the square footage back by making the side facing the street more bulbus. I think that's why it is less graceful than before DZH22.

This is absolutely stunning compared to what's there now. Having a longer Harbor Walk and a nice clean groundspace is 1000x better than WP and ABG.

Where did these new renders come from?

Agreed. This delay was worth it if it resulted in the removal of the garage doors from Seaport Boulevard.

the garage is still on Seaport Blvd, its just shown in the render as a frosted glass finish.
its to the left of the 2nd pool.
you can see the curb cut still, the sidewalk dips, and the black strips in the sidewalk are the pedestrian visual cue defining the crossing.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about this feels less graceful than it did before.

The other side of the fins are no longer slanted, though this may be due to the angle of the view in the new render.

Original Render:
CWwb0NkUwAA2T2P.jpg:large

The other side of the fins are no longer slanted, though this may be due to the angle of the view in the new render.

Probably a 1-2 punch of additional floor area and simplified construction. That simplification probably extends into the MEP for those units as well (i.e. all the bathrooms and kitchens line up).

For those that still hate the seaport dont forget this goes right behind it. Big things are coming this year its really gonna finally take shape.

No offense stick but you sound like Curbed

Probably a 1-2 punch of additional floor area and simplified construction. That simplification probably extends into the MEP for those units as well (i.e. all the bathrooms and kitchens line up).

Yep. Modest VE. I like it.

The harborwalk is obstructed in several areas. Go down to the Marine Industrial park. Several areas where you cannot access it because of private facilities or Massport constricting you. Why doesn't CLF protest this? Great views of the harbor restricted by chained fences!!!

Which came first, harborwalk or the 100 year old private facilities?

Where in the seaport are there 100 year old private facilities?

Where in the seaport are there 100 year old private facilities?

Fish Pier and World Trade Center are both over 100 years old, for starters. And they both dominate their portion of the waterfront. (For somewhat practical purposes.)

Original Render:
CWwb0NkUwAA2T2P.jpg:large

Good catch Kent. Also it looks like the glass is different too, with extra horizontal bands between each set of windows.

I'm excited about the Harbor Walk extension and the general density of another big building here, but the tower design itself no longer really does it for me. I mean, it's fine, but nothing above and beyond that.

This came first.
The Commonwealth's primary tool for protection and promotion of public use of its tidelands and other waterways is Massachusetts General Law Chapter 91, the waterways licensing program. The Commonwealth formally established the program in 1866, but the philosophy behind Chapter 91 dates back to the earliest days of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, most notably in the Colonial Ordinances of 1641-1647.
https://www.mass.gov/guides/chapter-91-the-massachusetts-public-waterfront-act

Chapter 91, as codified law, is 152 years old.

The original:
http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/lawlib/docs/colonialordinancesof1651.pdf

One thing is for sure the commonwealth of Mass needs to update its overall laws so we don't have to waste the taxpayers time.

It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients.

Chapter 270: Section 5.
Giving, selling or delivering alcoholic beverages or drugs to hospital patients; possession.

Section 5. Whoever, except under the direction of a physician, gives, sells or delivers alcoholic beverages, as defined in section one of chapter one hundred and thirty-eight, or a narcotic drug to a patient in any hospital who is suffering from inebriety or from the effect of inebriety, or from excessive use of narcotic drugs or from the effect of such use, and whoever has in his possession within the precincts of any hospital any such beverage or drug with intent to convey or deliver it to any such patient, except under direction as aforesaid, shall be punished by a fine of not more than fifty dollars or by imprisonment for not more than two months.

David, it's still pretty great.... lets fill this dead space with people! Huge benefit to the neighborhood and Boston. Thank GOD the grownups prevailed!

For those that still hate the seaport dont forget this goes right behind it. Big things are coming this year its really gonna finally take shape.

It's true. a lot of density and glass.... A bit San-Jose/Miamiesque.... safe,
and possibly sterile -- but true.

Back