The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients.

What that actually says is that its illegal to give beer to people who have been hospitalized for alcoholism.

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Fish Pier and World Trade Center are both over 100 years old, for starters. And they both dominate their portion of the waterfront. (For somewhat practical purposes.)

FWIW its not accurate to call either of these "private facilities".

Good catch Kent. Also it looks like the glass is different too, with extra horizontal bands between each set of windows.

I'm excited about the Harbor Walk extension and the general density of another big building here, but the tower design itself no longer really does it for me. I mean, it's fine, but nothing above and beyond that.

Some surface texture would go a long way.

I understand that sometimes you just gotta VE, but this one is threatening to turn into yet another Seaport glass box.

What that actually says is that its illegal to give beer to people who have been hospitalized for alcoholism.

How else are you supposed to get drunk then? Its Miller Time.
Big deal if the patient is in for alcoholism as long as it wasn't a DUI.

How else are you supposed to get drunk then? Its Miller Time.
Big deal if the patient is in for alcoholism as long as it wasn't a DUI.

Ok fine then. I'm not in a position to give anyone heat for tying one on.

Back to the main event: Agreed, this is mostly a downgrade. It's now a box with some volumetric decoration on the side. Looks like that's true structurally too.

But the ground level does look a lot nicer.

FWIW its not accurate to call either of these "private facilities".

Perhaps not Fish Pier, because it is owned by MassPort. Although access to parts of the facility is certainly limited.

World Trade Center is certainly a private facility -- it is owned by Fidelity. They may hold events there that are sometimes open to the public (for a fee) (most are not general access events), but it is a controlled, private ownership, private access facility.

Agreed, this is mostly a downgrade. It's now a box with some volumetric decoration on the side. Looks like that's true structurally

It looks like view from the harbor is unchanged, so I'd say this is still a win.

Another waterfront park. It's hard to yawn hard enough at that.

If the developer is going to be shaken down for $13M then it should only be by the city as part of some sort of coherent plan for the future.

In fairness to them, building waterfront parks is kind of their whole reason to exist.

Another waterfront park. It's hard to yawn hard enough at that.

If the developer is going to be shaken down for $13M then it should only be by the city as part of some sort of coherent plan for the future.

The money is over 35 years and used by the City for a park or other charitable use, good for Cronin, they probably contribute more than this every year anyway.

As always you have the pay them off. Money Talks. Don Chiofaro, take notes

No offense stick but you sound like Curbed

I have not once seen him use the term "gobsmacking" (for some reason it really bothers me in how excessively it is used on curbed Boston)

Also I'm glad this hasn't changed too much from when they first proposed this.

13M over 35 years = 400K a year? CLF got rolled. This is a "Here. Now Eff Off" settlement designed for the CLF to save face and stop any further appeals/frivolous lawsuits until they can find their next grift.

Would love to find out what CLF paid in legal fees. What a complete joke.

13M over 35 years = 400K a year? CLF got rolled. This is a "Here. Now Eff Off" settlement designed for the CLF to save face and stop any further appeals/frivolous lawsuits until they can find their next grift.

Absolutely agree, probably closer to $250K per year to start and adjusting for CPI. Seems like CLF caved pretty cheaply on this one, probably because of all the support and no other opposition to back them up.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-waterfront/Jcu6NSC4EmSl3V6zIHJkOL/story.html

Interesting article exposing the fraud and corruption that is CLF

Awesome. I will grudgingly give the Globe credit for having the balls to publish an article like this. 20 years ago the business section had a front page article with the reporter gushing about how much he loved Shirley Kressel (I'm not making this up). So they've come a long way.

Maybe the CLF's problem is in fact one loon put in place by the Barr Foundation to file absurd lawsuits but the article is correct. The more they keep up idiotic stalling and obstructionist tactics the less influence they're going to have. NIMBY's seem to be struggling mightily with their dramatic reduction in clout vs their heyday of the 80's and 90's. As a result they've gotten more and more extreme.

CLF has lost its way. They started opposing the Northern Pass transmission project when they reached a $280M deal with a competing VT project. Now we'll get no renewable power from Canada.....

Back