The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

That is a pretty sweet rendering of the pool.. though it's probably tiny.

5bb39f611a67b_mawu_dYQ.jpeg

The $260 million building will include 114 high-end condos with a full suite of services — from butler service to a golf simulator — branded and managed by the famed Manhattan luxury hotel.

If the amenities and service levels at this condo-only site will be similar to what you experience at their existing hotel/condo mix locations, then it's going to be pretty sweet.

Edit: I also noticed that the number of units went from 124 to 114 at some point. Also, per Boston Real Estate Times:

“This project is also creating quality jobs, 46 new affordable housing units, open space, and more connectivity to the waterfront by completing a missing link of the Harborwalk..."

Where are these going to be? I believe 19 (!) will be in the building itself unless that has also changed (seems pretty high?). Where are the other 27? It's a pretty specific number quoted by the Mayor, so it must be known and accounted for in a known project.

Last edited:
From BisNow:

Cronin is also constructing 46 off-site affordable housing units as part of Boston’s Inclusionary Development Policy’s requirements for the $260M development.

The condo fees for a concierge-service building like this would be unaffordable for someone occupying an affordable unit.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like once they demolish Whiskey Priest/ABG and there's temporarily nothing there.

The condo fees for a concierge-service building like this would be unaffordable for someone occupying an affordable unit.

The condo fees are also capped as part of the affordable unit program. They are very affordable and like the resale value, can only increase a certain amount each year.

The condo fees are also capped as part of the affordable unit program. They are very affordable and like the resale value, can only increase a certain amount each year.

Did that change recently? I had looked into the BRA's affordable units 12 plus years ago, and I was told I would be on the hook for the market rate condo fees.

Did that change recently? I had looked into the BRA's affordable units 12 plus years ago, and I was told I would be on the hook for the market rate condo fees.

I don't know about that far back, but when I was selected (though didn't follow through) 3 years ago, the condo fee was $193 while the fee for the market rate units was $650. Most of the applications show estimated condo fees and they still seem to be much lower.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like once they demolish Whiskey Priest/ABG and there's temporarily nothing there.

My bet is that it'll look better with nothing there temporarily vs. what is there now :)

I don't know about that far back, but when I was selected (though didn't follow through) 3 years ago, the condo fee was $193 while the fee for the market rate units was $650. Most of the applications show estimated condo fees and they still seem to be much lower.

Yes, from what I understand, the condo fees (and property taxes) on affordable units are significantly lower than market rate. I want to say that for places where condos fees are $2k+/month as the norm (like I'm sure this place will be), the fees for affordable units are merely a small fraction of that. Whoever lands the affordable units here will very much be "winning the lottery," even if those units are the ones on the side that will face directly at 100 Pier 4.

i was under the assumption the affordable units are off site.

They go a lot farther if they're put in the South End, Southie or Dorchester

Anyone know where all these off site affordable units are for these dozens of projects that have gone up are located? I havent seen or heard of any actually being built.

Balconies have been halved and ground floor is a little different.
150SeaportFromWaterHero.0.jpg

New ground floor
170607_150Seaport_Residential_Entrance.jpg

150Seaport_Development_Day.jpg

2248_photo.jpg

2249_photo.jpg

For reference it used to look like this:
25360655773_67c3127069_b.jpg

The new base looks much better with the use of stone and wood as opposed to the old grey panels!

The new base looks much better with the use of stone and wood as opposed to the old grey panels!

Thanks, Stick, for pointing that out. The wood-covering underneath the balconies also is awesome. Quick question, does this building fit onto the footprint of the Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden? Would it have been possible for Cronin to have built out the Harborwalk a bit more on the back side of the St. Regis or even on the side to have made more public space or would overflowing the original footprint of the two buildings have required state, environmental, and city approval?

Great question.

From BPDA, 150 Seaport will contribute to this project breaking ground next week:

The development team of O’Connor Way LLC will develop a vacant lot in the Mary Ellen McCormack housing development. Both the lot and entire complex are owned by the Boston Housing Authority. This excellent site has remained vacant for over 50 years.

The project will include 47 one-bedroom units. There will be 46 units of affordable elderly housing for people age 62 and over and one resident manager unit.

The affordability matrix will include 34 units for households at or below 60% of area median income, 12 units for households at or below 30% of area median income, of which 5 are setaside for homeless households. Three of the units will be handicapped accessible or adaptable to comply with accessibility requirements.

O’Connor Way will help ameliorate the lack of affordable and suitably designed housing for seniors with modest incomes. In view of both the aging population and the rapid gentrification of South Boston, this proposed housing is critical to serve the range of needs that lower income
seniors typically face.

They have also greatly improved the appearance of the loading/highbay doors since the earliest renders...BUT...we all know that getting trucks and vehicles in and out of there onto Seaport Blvd. is going to be a disaster.

Would it have been possible for Cronin to have built out the Harborwalk a bit more on the back side of the St. Regis or even on the side to have made more public space....

He tried, but the CLF sued the state.... Then the State wouldn't let him or something.

or would overflowing the original footprint of the two buildings have required state, environmental, and city approval?

They got a CLF lawsuit just for what they were already doing or something like that. Bostonification & shytte sheau.

Agreed!

I'll never understand how garbage-looking, flat Alucobond ever became acceptable in high-end construction.

The Jaguar dealership proposal really underscored how insane it is to wrap a building in that kind of material and call it "luxury".

Back