The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

datadyne007

Staff member
Reaction score
Cronin Group proposes "iconic" 22-story residential tower at Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden site:

CWwb0NkUwAA2T2P.jpg:large

CWwb0SrUEAEcead.jpg:large

CWwb0NmUkAAC0YK.jpg:large

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Northern Ave | Seaport

HOT DAMN.

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Northern Ave | Seaport

WHOA.

LOVE IT!!

Sad to lose the current tenants, but they aren't kidding about the "iconic" part. Also, it's not in the renders, but this will look especially good next to the Pier 4 office tower next door.

Looks great.

Unfortunately those dive bars will turn into something more upscale. But that seems to be the way of the waterfront.

WP / ABG aren't meant to be dive bars. They just turned into it with their trashy crowd...

This will be a massive improvement. Go by here at midnight on a Saturday and you'll see how crazy things get.

I do think their biggest value is roofdeck/outdoor drinking space. We need much, much more of that in the Seaport. Look at how popular similar spaces are at Legal Harborside, Envoy, etc.!

1. AWESOME.
2. I'm going to miss the character of the existing development.
3. Wonder how the 100 Pier 4 folks are going to react.
4. Second the roof deck (or equivalent outdoor space) comment.

Love the fan effect. Whiskey Priest is NO loss.

Finally, something of architectural value is being proposed! This is what a iconic building should look like. Less boring box filler building and more of this please. Btw, the back of the building looks like a fan unfolding.

I was bummed about the loss of the Whiskey Priest for about 3 minutes, and 2 and half of those minutes were more for the loss of the roofdeck as opposed to the institution itself.

What a beauty. Build it yesterday.

HOT DAMN.

Where did you get these renders? I can't find them with a Google search or on the BRA website.

Also, the top of the building is gorgeous. The street level... not so much. It seems to have garage doors facing the Pier 4 plaza, for one. It's weird, since Liberty Wharf is so strong on the street.

I don't see where the garage doors could be included other than on Northern Ave, without creating a designated alleyway and losing square footage.

Liberty Wharf did not require parking spaces as it was non-residential retail / restaurant space.

Where did you get these renders? I can't find them with a Google search or on the BRA website.

Also, the top of the building is gorgeous. The street level... not so much. It seems to have garage doors facing the Pier 4 plaza, for one. It's weird, since Liberty Wharf is so strong on the street.

Cronin Group website

Follow the embedded link for a Google Doc with the renders.

EDIT:

Also: http://150seaport.com/

Yeah, those garage doors are pretty gross. Also, this is built over water, so no underground parking here. I wonder if that will hold up BRA approval.

I love 95% of this building, but feel like it would better at a different site. To me, this parcel calls for a step-down from Pier 4 to the World Trade Center. Another Envoy here would be perfect.

Are you sure those are garage doors? It doesn't seem to show any curb cuts in front of them.

Also, what's the deal with B Street? 5 lanes for a mid-block connector street? Who designed this s**t?

Can we change the address in the header to 150 Seaport Blvd?

Confused. 150 Seaport Blvd or 150 Northern Ave.?
Does this mean they are getting rid of the Northern Ave dog leg and renaming the eastern portion of Northern Ave Seaport Blvd? I hope so!!! That dog leg concept is totally insane and very confusing.

Only knew this lot was a matter of time.
Good to see others getting in on the seaport instead of the 3 mega-developments (SP Sq. Fan Pier, Pier4).

A few beat me to the fan comment. Was thinking, "missed opportunity at "Fan pier".

More people!!!! That's a good thing.

Cronin Holdings, LLC filed a Letter of Intent regarding the project with the Boston Redevelopment Authority on December 21, 2015. It anticipates construction to begin in early 2017 with a projected completion in 2019.

Back