The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

A little help...?
I can't be the only one who has no idea what the connection is to this building.

He's channeling his inner rifleman to remind us for the gazillionth time of his distaste for the Conservation Law Foundation and Amos Hostetter.

This is gonna be such a great addition. This tower is actually one of the best designed glass towers in Boston and its being built in the Seaport. No more boring glass boxes reputation with this and parcel m across the street along with all the buildings being built next.

The architecture has consistently gotten better and better with each building and this spot will really demonstrate this with this building standing right next to 100 pier 4. Dynamic new stand out glass tower next to old precast background building. Waterside place is another example showing how much better the architecture is getting from phase A to B.

I 100% agree, the recent slate of projects are all around better architecture - and better engagement with the streetscape. Plus I'm all for the St. Regis project spurring the Harborwalk connector.

A little help...?
I can't be the only one who has no idea what the connection is to this building.
There is no connection.

Construction of the Burma Railroad was featured in the award-winning movie, 'Bridge on the River Kwai".

Xenophobia might explain the most peculiar choice of the Japanese built Burma Railroad, instead of American-led engineering feats such as the building of the Panama Canal (at a cost of 5,600+ lives, though the high estimate is 28,000) or the building of the Transcontinental Railroad (at a cost of possibly 1,200 Chinese lives).

The absurd conflation is reminiscent of the often twisted logic of Rifleman, banished, but now creeping back under the aB tent.

New+Amenity+Lounge+Exterior.jpg

Renders are always always a bit off on glass color. That render is also at dusk. We wont know until we know.

170607_150Seaport_Northeast.jpg

170607_150Seaport_Dusk_UPDATE.jpg

In an earlier time, it glistened and glimmered in the quiet darkening of the early evening.

So cool. What a transformation from a non-existent parcel, and once dead area.

Its not built yet lol.

I got to voice my preference for material and color for a new building being designed by a starctitect. There were about a half dozen choices. I told him, 'as it is not my money, I'll go with the most expensive (which I judged to be the (rather cold white or white blue) Italian marble and real bronze alternative). And then I suggested he do a rendering with the setting sun, which I said would cast a shimmering golden sheen on the marble for the monumental effect. (The west and south facades were unobstructed.)

2018122005364069.jpg

The color as shown on those spandrels is going to mirror the color of the harbor for much of the year.
o.jpg

That must be the model unit. Seriously, what is that for?
pic1.jpg

Last edited:
Could be a shed for temp power? There's a meter on the side of it.

Back