The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

An interesting question related to complexity and length of time to build - which one of these buildings is the best investment in terms of resale value. Is it this one? Potentially…two things I’m not sure of are parking and HOA fees. Echelon has only valet parking which is a turn off. For the money I would want my own exclusive spot. Additionally this building probably will have the highest fees in the neighborhood.

I think this building has the highest cost/sqft in the area at the moment? However, in terms of gain/resale, I still tend to think that regardless of whatever upgrades one may do over the life of the building/unit, the things you can't replace are the location and views. There's one side of this building that faces the harbor, and of that, I think there are other still relatively new, similar class, "5-star" buildings with units that offer more impressive and expansive views of the harbor.

I think the services here will be at the most personal level in the area and the amenities are impressive (similar range of amenities as Echelon minus indoor basketball court but shared amongst only a fraction of the number of units). There's also brand cache and exclusivity to help residents elevate their noses even higher than neighbors, so some will value that, but as you say, I'd wager they also have the highest HOA's per sqft and that should be considered when talking about investment and resale.

So.. better views or better amenities?... hmmm..

[I feel like this disclaimer is needed: Btw, I'm not a fan of flippers or investment properties that aren't used/rented, but there's no issue with buying a HOME or even a 2nd home with good investment potential.]

Sunrise today
286B73D7-1417-4CF4-BA85-0CED9280FE83.jpeg

This one is so beautiful and cool to watch go up; numerous people were staring at it in the Seaport today

I'm just imagining how many rappelling passes it'll take to clean the windows :).

Back