The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

51570654583_f5dba5c7b7_b.jpg

51569610672_e69a30e042_b.jpg

51569610857_c113d32fe7_b.jpg

51571093664_2ec31ed5fb_b.jpg

51570410391_493214a900_b.jpg

Looks like a couple of the panels were already damaged.. what’s the over/under on whether they’d be able to replace them sooner than Dalton which had boarded up panels for about a full year (?) after completion. 😅

Looks like a couple of the panels were already damaged.. what’s the over/under on whether they’d be able to replace them sooner than Dalton which had boarded up panels for about a full year (?) after completion. 😅
What makes this joke even better is on Friday I witnessed them installing replacement panes for several windows at One Dalton so they still haven't even finished over there.

There’s no climbing frame on that crane. It’s getting close to the point where the crane would need a jump to maintain visibility. Is this close to topping out?

Those sliders, without the balconies for scale, look like they were ripped from a mid-century tract house in south Florida.

Those distance shots make this look like its going to look really good. Bonus points for blocking the white precast of pier 4 too.

Those sliders, without the balconies for scale, look like they were ripped from a mid-century tract house in south Florida.

My first impression of the white framing for the sliders is not good.. we'll see.

IMG_6516 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6515 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6531 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6532 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6541 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6545 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6546 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6552 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6554 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6555 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_6595 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6561 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6562 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6565 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6573 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6593 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6624 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Two reactions from the latest photo batch:

1. Oh! So the white framing on the slider doors is just protective tape? If so, that's good.
2. Wow, I knew those balconies were going to be large.. but damn, they look baller for the cruel cold Northeast. Similar to the sizes typical of newer Miami beach condos.

This will be the most polarizing building in Boston if it isn't already. Gahr-rohn-tee it. Pure hate or pure love for most.
For me it's an audaciously sweet brain candy. If I had to name it? Maybe something like Sugar Frosted Dichotomies (TM). Certainly NOT good for me, but really tasty for a minute.

It's the most daring building attempted in metro Boston, maybe even all of New England, including Gehry's ever-dripping Stata Center, the numerous brutalist academic spectacles and the smattering of regional po-mo attempts.
It rips off the parochial design handcuffs. It challenges pedestrian engineering sensibilities. It flips a Big Solid Bird to the impending global-warming climate change rising tide concerns. It's a rum-soaked proximal context marker (a bloused spinnaker, yo-ho, near the Sea, yarrrrr) while completely ignoring the world it lives in (The Great Reset, Covid Shoe Drop, Peak Everything).
Every time I look at the renders I picture the Crimson Permanent Assurance crew from the short feature attached to Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. Please watch it if you haven't seen it. Awesome. Required viewing.

Decadent in concept and style, this will be the metaphorical mainsail pulling late-stage capitalism to full heelover. Honestly, I just hope the pilings go deep enough into the muck to support the amount of on-site hubris listing seaward to the briny deep. Avast, ye snarky dog!
1636042119769.png

Short version: Rillyrillycool!

Also -
RE: crane build for the uninformed (me): How do they do that?

1. Oh! So the white framing on the slider doors is just protective tape? If so, that's good.

When I look at those close up shots it appears to be protective tape partially covering white framing. I think we're going to be stuck with it, a surprising blemish on what's so far otherwise a stunning building.

IMG_6516 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6515 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6531 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6532 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6541 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6545 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6546 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6552 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6554 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6555 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_6595 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6561 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6562 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6565 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6573 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6593 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6624 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Oh woah they finally put flexposts in on that buffered bike lane. Will hopefully make it more useful since it used to be blocked continuously.

Back