The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Through the rearview mirror:
aNeucId.jpg

I still cant believe theyre going to have below ground.. or water, parking. If they put a window in the garage wall you could watch fish swim around in the harbor.

Wow, between these twisting/sloping columns and the huge cantilevers, this is one complex building.

Seeing this daily, this whole project is the definition of complex. They must have run into 10000 hurdles from onset. Foundation work took nearly THREE YEARS. I went back and looked it up, this was supposed to open in 2020 then pushed to EARLY 2021 so I can't imagine things went anywhere near according to plan, pandemic aside. They must be 1.5-2 years behind given said complexity with this thing taking a month per floor on top of the interior work that is sure to take a good while.

Seeing this daily, this whole project is the definition of complex. They must have run into 10000 hurdles from onset. Foundation work took nearly THREE YEARS. I went back and looked it up, this was supposed to open in 2020 then pushed to EARLY 2021 so I can't imagine things went anywhere near according to plan, pandemic aside. They must be 1.5-2 years behind given said complexity with this thing taking a month per floor on top of the interior work that is sure to take a good while.

While no inside information on the matter, there were noted several times big work stoppages on site for unknown reasons in 2019. My guess is engineering ran into some challenge and needed to go back to the drawing board several times.

While no inside information on the matter, there were noted several times big work stoppages on site for unknown reasons in 2019. My guess is engineering ran into some challenge and needed to go back to the drawing board several times.
That sounds right, I guess that's why nearly every other building down here is a box!

Looks like an extraordinary amount of rebar in this building, I guess that huge cantilever requires it.
After what happened in Miami, I would hope all contractors are looking again at their construction techniques. I'm sure the rebar/concrete ratios have to be precise to preserve both over time.

After what happened in Miami, I would hope all contractors are looking again at their construction techniques. I'm sure the rebar/concrete ratios have to be precise to preserve both over time.
I am a little surprised ocean front construction doesn't require epoxy-coated rebar, to resist the salt corrosion issue. It is used in most northern highway construction at this point, IIRC.

Back