The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Just noticed this short article published yesterday:

It seems that the construction of this building is quite complex and expensive. From the article:
-Foundation is anchored on bedrock, more than 150 feet below grade...

-To support construction of the building’s unique cantilever, a diagonal steel beam is placed up to the five-story mark to support a hung column
-When the top floor is poured, the steel beam will be cut away leaving the hung column supported from above within the concrete infrastructure

Yes, sales across the city have been non-existent for the last 15 months, for obvious reasons, while the 'burbs are killing it. If there's 18 months left on this one I think they will kill it, perfect, maybe fortuitous, timing!
I stated this earlier that I have a close friend who is in luxury condo sales in the city and she says the interest in this is greater than almost every other luxury residence in development. She told me that close to half of the units have deposits and many other interested parties were waiting on a more accurate timeline for completion. This is quite possibly THE next place to live for Boston's wealthiest. Anyone stating otherwise clearly hasn't spoken to those directly involved with this.

5.20.21- Coming in the slip from water taxi.

F7801284-07A8-46C1-8FA0-6DA72E737C0E.jpeg
773B564F-C0FA-45F5-BF79-6A1D79BD0ABE.jpeg
9AFDC0A1-1038-4726-98CD-B31C23F97C0D.jpeg

I stated this earlier that I have a close friend who is in luxury condo sales in the city and she says the interest in this is greater than almost every other luxury residence in development. She told me that close to half of the units have deposits and many other interested parties were waiting on a more accurate timeline for completion. This is quite possibly THE next place to live for Boston's wealthiest. Anyone stating otherwise clearly hasn't spoken to those directly involved with this.

It makes sense, 5 star hotel luxury without the transient guests, directly on the water, in the newest neighborhood, and a 2 min walk to CBD. Hell, I'd live there in a heartbeat if I was one of those folks!

i can objectively tell you that his quote is just marketing BS and does not reflect reality......

If you can “objectively tell us” this, can you objectively source your reasoning why?

This is the second post on this subject where you have stated ‘Believe me this is not true’. Maybe you know, maybe you don’t. But until you back that up with sources or reasoning, it’s just someone typing words.

I don't think the sales statement quoting Cronin and published last week in the Globe "But, to be honest, in the last three weeks it’s been incredible,’’ with buyers placing multiple $10 million-plus offers. While more than a third of the units at the 114-condo development are spoken for,...":

is consistent with his claim from October 3, 2019,
Residents won’t be able to move into the 114-unit St. Regis Residences, Boston, until 2021, but sales are off to a strong start, Cronin says. As of this week, a third of the units have been reserved in the luxury development going up at 150 Seaport Blvd., and there is a six-week backlog of appointments to visit a new $2M “experience center” down the street at 250 Northern Ave. to give potential buyers a tour of how condos will look and feel.

The bisnow article suggested that tenant occupancy was scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2021.

Wow, they are finally setting up the forms to pour an above-ground floor! How many years did it take to get to this point?

Wow, they are finally setting up the forms to pour an above-ground floor! How many years did it take to get to this point?

Hell, I'm amazed that this is even getting done. Just look at the water and the stilts on this thing. They've gone the extra 1,000 miles for this to get built on that location.
I would've thrown up my hands and walked away. This is one MOTIVATED development.

Last edited:
The quality of the interiors / level of lux is muy fuego. $1.7M for a 950 sq ft 1 br - and definitely on a low floor, probably facing the street. That is serious cake. As wild as this all is, I bet they could have built a mirror building to this one next door and made it a St Regis Hotel and it would be packed out every night.

Back