The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Don't take it personally; it's just a bunch of old sarcastic suburbanites. They may have drove by the place on their way to see big apple circus at the Pavilion with their kids in 2010. They never went into those bars, they just hate change.

It has changed for the better. 2007 , 2010 , 2023
2007.png

2010.png

2023.png

Excellent addition to the Seaport but wish the framing around the windows on the right side (from this angle) was not so prominent, or matched a bit better to the left. And what happened to the rounded roof line? It was supposed to be inspired by a fan, or sail. It's less harmonious now, but still cool.

Untitled 668.jpg

Untitled 667.jpg

Don't take it personally; it's just a bunch of old sarcastic suburbanites. They may have drove by the place on their way to see big apple circus at the Pavilion with their kids in 2010. They never went into those bars, they just hate change.

It has changed for the better. 2007 , 2010 , 2023
View attachment 36409

Wait, Whiskey Priest was built after 2007?! That's like 15 years ago. People talk about it like it's Anthony's Pier 4 or The Marliave.

Excellent addition to the Seaport but wish the framing around the windows on the right side (from this angle) was not so prominent, or matched a bit better to the left. And what happened to the rounded roof line? It was supposed to be inspired by a fan, or sail. It's less harmonious now, but still cool.

View attachment 36412
View attachment 36413
I actually like the current iteration because the balconies on the left definitely resemble a sail and the windows on the right give off porthole kind of vibes.

And if you ever actually *went* there the place absolutely sucked donkey balls (other than the view). Epicenter of date-rape white-hat fratboy douchebags.
Very true. I remember when it first opened I had hopes of it being somewhat classy, with all the different whiskeys and great beer selection, and that lasted all of 6 months before devolving into a post-college douchefest. There was Seaport Bar & Grill which was geriatric but at times fun for drunken karaoke. I don't miss those places though as I'll take a more evolved, though anodyne, developed Seaport.

That is the most awesomest bad headline and accompanying picture.

5/2/23 - The finishes and lighting on this are outstanding --

View attachment 37367View attachment 37368

Stunning. Its great to see many more new buildings coming with accent lighting. The renders showed outdoor dining out back on the deck as well as the back glass sliding open to open up the restaurant to the outside deck, if so thats going to be another great waterfront option. Also having this new extension of the harborwalk is definitely a huge win.

Kudos, also, for having a ground-level tenant (ostensibly) lined up for at/soon after the building's opening. It is a mark of a developer who cares about the big-picture. It is such a pet peeve of mine to see a major development (with not cheap apartments/condos) put minimal effort into ground level leasing strategy and therefore having ground level spaces papered-over for 2+ years after construction.

I agree except for the big white mechanical box facing the water (right side of the third picture). That feels undeveloped compared to the rest of it. I know we need mechanical spaces but given where it is, it can't just blend in. I'm hoping something more happens there with landscaping or something.

The marble work is great but the signage is [not surprisingly] tacky. The St. Regis logo alone would have been far more elegant.

Stunning. Its great to see many more new buildings coming with accent lighting. The renders showed outdoor dining out back on the deck as well as the back glass sliding open to open up the restaurant to the outside deck, if so thats going to be another great waterfront option. Also having this new extension of the harborwalk is definitely a huge win.
The big test with all the accent lighting is whether the property managers actually keep up with maintaining it. Accent lighting looks really shoddy if it is only partially functional. Time will tell whether these buildings are well enough maintained to prevent that.

Spectacular execution and materials! Harborwalk finishes are superb.

Back