The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Oct, 2 2014
My God, if this - along with the Harbor Garage towers, Garden towers, Nashua Street developments, Garden Garage Towers, Winthrop Square, Copley Place tower, Christian Science towers, and the Back Bay tower at the John Hancock Conference Center site, among many others (including the Seaport buildout) - gets built, the Boston of the 2020s will be one hell of a city.

it's been a long wait since the final renders of the Govt Ctr Garage were announced.....

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/f993e1a3-1211-4c4b-9aa6-b95b6617c466

These are new renders.

DTDjzOzX4AEtWD7.jpg:small

Source:
https://twitter.com/bulfinchxing?lang=en

That same video was released last year. I even posted screen grabs from it here. Ill gladly watch it again though its a good watch. Cant wait until all of this is finished.

?? I posted that a year-and-a-half ago...

No need for all of the full site renders. There is another thread for that. Still a good chance the office tower never happens.

It’s a shame they’re not breaking up the super block which they could have done by cutting a real road between chardon and sudbury

+1 ^

If the city was committed to real urban design, it would be breaking up the GC superblocks as development is planned. They could have easily done that in this project. It would have made the site so much more walkable and livened up the street level scene.

I tend to agree with the above...this reminds me of brickell city Centre

Where will they stage the ingredients for this build? Even the modest buildings in CX saw an impressive amount of steel during the primary build out phase (if only for a short time). Granted anything in Cambridge Crossing has loads of space given the low density: this site is so tight!

Is there space behind the police building, news center, or even in parts of the garage?

Any updates on this project?

Hi Kriterion,

I see you are new here and we really appreciate seeing new members again! I just want to mention that that particular question is a bit of a forum etiquette faux pas. When there is news, it hits aB very quickly, so we try not to bump a quiet thread just to ask for news. There is a thread called "Whats going on with X" that you can always post in to ask for news about any building.

Hope is helpful, and Welcome!

The only real update is that it's going slooooooooowwwwwwwww.

I still have concerns about the height of this building. Why on earth does it start at 27.52'? It makes it sounds like this is really 520'.

Although, the FAA document lists 539' as the highest point. Of course, the FAA document could definitely be starting from 8' above the absolute bottom ground level, since this is built on a steep hill.
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=291770967&row=74

However, again, what's the deal with the diagram starting at 27.52'? It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the numbers given.

The only real update is that it's going slooooooooowwwwwwwww.

I still have concerns about the height of this building. Why on earth does it start at 27.52'? It makes it sounds like this is really 520'.

Although, the FAA document lists 539' as the highest point. Of course, the FAA document could definitely be starting from 8' above the absolute bottom ground level, since this is built on a steep hill.
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=291770967&row=74

However, again, what's the deal with the diagram starting at 27.52'? It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the numbers given.

All buildings in boston are elevated on the "boston base" elevation system which unifies all building heights on a common system. It is not ever true that all buildings first floors are at elevation 0. It is not even true that a building itself has a common elevation at its perimeter, so , a common base works.. That is why on earth. It makes perfect and good sense.

cca

Back