The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Can we get some skyline renders with this project, 115 Winthrop, and the South Station tower up???

Man, if only Copley Place was there...Boston would be kicking serious skyline ass (already a decent 7th place I think in the US).

"kicking serious skyline ass....."

oow... i like that very much. i think we got us a Yimby.

Hey Mission Hill, and Brookline Village: let's kick some highrise ass.

i like how you can tweak it.

We have been waiting for about 3 years to a decade or more for many of these projects... Toward the end, Menino seemed to become a bit more open to a bit of height for a few of these sites. But Marty's team has worked diligently to bring more good projects up, and get them u/c. Marty is kicking serious skyline ass. And the Big One may still be out there.

Does anyone agree with the idea about a cognitive/psychological breakaway point

the moment the tower clears the garage??

speaking about such things, i'm about an hour from clearing a plateau for a nice photo session.....

in the category of place/s you see on calendars. :)

Anyone know when phase II will start? The most exciting thing about this is going to be watching the bulk of the garage come down.

Question for the architect/engineer folks. What is the purpose of the steel beam in the middle of this concrete building?

I believe that is the "track" that allows the form-work cocoon to rise with the building as the concrete is poured and cured.

Thanks! That makes sense.

I can't remember seeing it on other CIP projects but I probably just never noticed it before.

is the entire structure encompassed by the exterior construction, or is there any part (of this phase) that will go above current garage structure? It seems like a relatively small floor plan which is nice. That could just be the perception from being surrounded by a massive garage though.... :idea:

Thank so much for posting the oxblue cam!

Last edited:
Nice find eswwaa!

Interestingly, this looks like it might be on the JFK Building? That must have been a fun conversation with the GSA.

"Hello! We would like to attach an internet-connected camera to your hard-secured federal building. Is there, like, a form we need to fill out, or...?"

Hmm I guess the bottom does extend a bit over to the right for some reason. Is that some type of garage door? So itll look like this for a bit until the garage has the facade installed. Gonna look great, this is kind of the step child to the office tower but imo this looks very good too. This is a way to make double height windows look good, put em at the top and use them to create a distinction at the top marking the crown of the tower. The single height windows below look great too showing off its height in a proud way. The metal or metal style facade is nice.

BulfinchCrossing.jpg

^ that doesn't look very nice, IMHO. the aspect ratio's should be thinner for a 500' building to give it the appearance of being taller.

That render is off. The tower is actually quite slender.

Review the footprint (covered a few pages back), and in the live cam shot.

No its not.

CT8mc2uUkAAiRb6.0.jpg

Maybe your thinking of the head on angle, which is much slimmer

pretty exotic girls

Hell its even obvious in this render...

SkylineImageWPB1ResANDWPB2Office-CroppedandZoomed.A.jpg

Last edited:

Back