The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

BeeLine, really enjoy how you dig out unique perspectives. I know I speak for everyone - thank you.

The tower is shaping up to be really dated and pedestrian, something Houston would have thrown up during a late 80s boom. I'm very glad the full build-out will pull focus.

Lol, yea a unique facade and shape, how boring. More blue glass will fix that..

I'm not saying it has to be a fishbowl, but it's hardly an original design and the materials appear cheap.

It'll be another twelve months before we can really judge the facade on this one... I'm not in love either, but we'll see.

We cant judge so far yes, but what it does have going for it is theyre bringing a new material and style of facade to the skyline that we dont already have. At a time where “new” architecture = blue glass thats nice. Or even worse usually if you dont get run of the mill blue glass here you get white precast.

The massing and materials are something new and in my opinion judging by the renders and by what it looks like so far its going to be a nice tower. I like that our skyline is such a mix of colors and textures and this will add even more to that. Its going to be a part of the bigger picture not an individual, which is what our skylines strengths are... the collective. To each his own but I like it and on top of that Im happy they didnt go the easy “please everyone while taking no risks” blue glass cop out, and built this instead. If you dont like the finished product though youll get a blue glass neighbor soon enough... where at least they experimented with the massing, so that looks like it will be nice too. Overall I expect this entire project will be a great addition to the skyline as a whole because our skyline works best as a sum of its parts. Each individual building isnt a world beater, but as a whole and especially from the waterfront its damnnn good.

The tower is shaping up to be really dated and pedestrian, something Houston would have thrown up during a late 80s boom. I'm very glad the full build-out will pull focus.

utter bullcrap.

Back