The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Route 2

48415337092_0d0729dc46_b.jpg

And from the Esplanade

48415178086_3aae350c37_b.jpg

48415181591_e429fa574c_b.jpg

This looks a lot slimmer overall than renders would have me believe. The top in particular, with the setback at the 30th floor, makes a big difference. It's amazing that this will truly extend the plateau to the other side of Government Center.

From 7/28. Click in to view larger.

IMG_4501 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4512 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4530 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4537 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4546 by David Z, on Flickr

i spent most of my youth growing up in cambridge and arlington and for the life of me i can't place that super-ugly yellow-brick-with-brown-accents apartment block in the foreground. i'm assuming it's in one of those towns though.

Yep, that's it. Right on 16, Alewife Brook Parkway at Broadway, I believe. I love Rte 16, because I always considered it the urban ring.

Yep, that's it. Right on 16, Alewife Brook Parkway at Broadway, I believe. I love Rte 16, because I always considered it the urban ring.

Love it until you’re dead stopped traffic, or when someone in the other lane drifts over onto your side bc the lanes are super narrow...but I digress

I love Rte 16, because I always considered it the urban ring.

I an agree with this to an extent, but then you have most of Medford, Malden, and Everett which are very urban but just outside the ring. In those cases it's more like Route 60. It kind of switches over right around Medford Center, so that to the South/West it's more more 16 as the ring, including by Alewife (what I refer to as "edge city"). However, it also isn't really a "ring" at all as it cuts to the west through Arlington, Newton, and outside 95.

I think from the point of view of Winchester though, I can 100% see where you're coming from.

Oh yeah PS, I absolutely hate actually driving on Route 16!

I an agree with this to an extent, but then you have most of Medford, Malden, and Everett which are very urban but just outside the ring. In those cases it's more like Route 60. It kind of switches over right around Medford Center, so that to the South/West it's more more 16 as the ring, including by Alewife (what I refer to as "edge city"). However, it also isn't really a "ring" at all as it cuts to the west through Arlington, Newton, and outside 95.

I think from the point of view of Winchester though, I can 100% see where you're coming from.

Oh yeah PS, I absolutely hate actually driving on Route 16!

I agree with you on all points. I should have wrote that it more like the urban line for the parts you mentioned.

Yep, definitively not fun to drive during most hours, but crossing it on a bike is cool.

I think it's underrated how substantial of an effect this year will have on the skyline. The last time the city topped off 2 500'+ buildings in the same year might date back as far as the 70's. It will also double the number of 500'+ in the last 15 years.

From 8/4. Click in to view larger.

IMG_4597 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4599 by David Z, on Flickr

In addition to your awesome pictures, those are very good points and stats.

I'd say that this has another 100 feet to go given its contrast against 60 and 28 State Street.

^^^Thanks! Based on the highest view from the Hub's webcam, I strongly believe that the poured floors are currently up to the green line in the render below. Also, for another way to look at the scale, it's essentially the same height (and similar massing?) to Hartford's tallest building.

residentialtower_hero_day_gallery_image by David Z, on Flickr

Back