The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

My husband and I make two good salaries, but I often wonder who can afford these apartments. The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Boston is $3500. Just doing a quick search on the Avalon Apartments at North Station, the rent is way beyond our mortgage in Scituate and we bought our home for 1.1 Million in 2006. So, it's not exactly a crappy place. I realize it's not fair to compare complete Apples to Oranges here, but we wouldn't mind moving to a nice condominium in the city. We certainly aren't "downsizing" on price, so I don't see how we could ever do it?

Anyway.........just a useless rant, I guess. :D

Boston RE taxes are much cheaper than the burbs...so there’s that. You’d prob miss Scituate in the summer.

My Boston property taxes were a dream compared to Seattle, especially for an owner occupied condo...and part of the reason I'm happy to remain a renter for the moment.

I can't wait for the garage to be gone, but for now, the tower with garage is creating some great light and shadow.

IMG_20190818_210048_421-L.jpg

This thing feels really tall as you walk around the area now.

It's hitting 500' so basically on par with 28 State and 60 State on the other side of the Government Center plaza. A certificate to commemorate!

And a link so I don't run into any weird copyright issues for posting said certificate!

http://plateaubuilding.com.au/

As someone said on the previous page, if you think this is a plateau building you haven't seen it from nearby. It seems very tall when viewed from Cambridge Street, North Station, Government Center...

As someone said on the previous page, if you think this is a plateau building you haven't seen it from nearby. It seems very tall when viewed from Cambridge Street, North Station, Government Center...

Of course I have, and I'm not calling a "plateau building" a bad thing either. It means it has reached the existing skyline plateau and now legitimately extends that plateau across Government Center! It's an exciting thing to happen.

You're not alone. I make near six figures before tax (just a tad above the median household income in Boston) and I can't even afford a 1 bedroom apartment in Boston. But I guess that's life in the city. Frankly, I'm looking to moving to LA; the average 1 bedroom there is more expensive than Boston but they have a greater range than they do here.

Kent -- Make sure that you get vaccinated for a myriad of diseases that the civilized world considered gone

LA [and SF] are bringing back diseases we only read about -- as raw human waste is now flowing into the LA River and thence the Pacific Ocean

^^we've known for a long time it's >600'.

i guess the 601' we see from the FAA site is to the tip.

Wait; aren't there 2 plateau's in Downtown Boston:

~510 and 600'?

Kent -- Make sure that you get vaccinated for a myriad of diseases that the civilized world considered gone

LA [and SF] are bringing back diseases we only read about -- as raw human waste is now flowing into the LA River and thence the Pacific Ocean

Waters in Massachusetts are experiencing similiar circumstances, it was just in the news

Waters in Massachusetts are experiencing similiar circumstances, it was just in the news

Are we really talking about water contamination in the Bullfinch Crossing thread? C'mon Westie, try to manage your impulse control!

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

A remarkable observation from someone who trivializes climate change yet magnifies the overflow release of 2.5 million gallons of sewage flow into the Los Angeles 'river' from a collapsed section of a 60 inch diameter interceptor sewer, which was soon repaired.

A remarkable observation from someone who trivializes climate change yet magnifies the overflow release of 2.5 million gallons of sewage flow into the Los Angeles 'river' from a collapsed section of a 60 inch diameter interceptor sewer, which was soon repaired.

He hates the libs. There's nothing else to it.

Steller -- Not a leak -- a flow -- no obvious way to patch it

No -- you jumped on the wrong story -- this is the story of where does the effluent [waste] from a community the size of Waltham [50,000] go when there is no designated place for it to go

This is the very very real problem of 50,000 people living on the streets of LA and using the streets and sidewalks as toilets. Many don't actually know and very few care where you just go when you have to go. So where oh where does it go when the rains do come -- the LA River -- and then the Pacific Ocean -- as there are hundreds of surface water drains which then become de facto sewers

I always have to laugh at the conservative messaging about California. They just can't take the possibility that it is a successful place despite repudiating most of their treasured dogma. I spend a lot of time there, it does not resemble these descriptions. That's all I'm going to say, can we now please go back to discussing development in greater Boston?

I always have to laugh at the conservative messaging about California. They just can't take the possibility that it is a successful place despite repudiating most of their treasured dogma. I spend a lot of time there, it does not resemble these descriptions. That's all I'm going to say, can we now please go back to discussing development in greater Boston?

I think the locals like to say "California is horrible, please dont move here"

Back