The Tremont | 1480-1486 Tremont St. | Mission Hill

Hutchison

Reaction score
First of a series of things mined from the BRA (many are resubmissions concerning previously approved projects)...

The PNF project, and modified in the NPC1, proposed to demolish the existing structure on the Project Site and construct an approximately 75,000 gross square foot residential building with ground floor retail on Tremont Street. The Project proposed by Trellis Group LLC and outlined in this NPCII consists of the construction of a four-story, mixed use residential apartment project with sole access and egress from Tremont Street, and includes approximately sixty-six (66) rental units (incorporating one affordable unit), approximately 6,200 gross square feet of commercial and retail space, 60 enclosed garage parking spaces, and 15,708 square feet of usable open space at 1480-1486 Tremont Street.

PNF available at: http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...86 Tremont Street/1486 Tremont Street_NPC.pdf

This was previously approved in 2006 to a predecessor developer

Re: 1480-1486 Tremont St. (Mission HIll)

Thanks for sharing! This is excellent news. This was one of our potential sites for our final studio (Community Design/Master Planning).

I like the looks of this. Why is all this small infill development so nice and the big stuff so shitty?

True. I'm sure part of it is the fact that anything big is complained about until it's smaller and, as a result, less profitable. Therefore developers cut costs in order to save some points on the ROI.

In places like Chicago, where stuff is greenlit at a fast pace, they get fantastic large developments. We don't need to become Chicago obviously, but I wish our community groups would stop being such pussies.

This was recently approved:

"BRA Board OK’s changes to Clutch Works project in Mission Hill"

by Patrick Rosso

A residential project that will transform the Boston Clutch Works site in Mission Hill received approval from the Boston Redevelopment Authority’s Board last week.

Proposed for 1480-1486 Tremont St., the project calls for the demolition of the existing single-story structure on the site and the construction of two connected twin structures to house residential units and ground-floor commercial space, according to the project’s Notice of Project Change.

Renditions of the project had been approved by the BRA in the past, but the most recent approval came after adjustments were made by the development team to limit the height of the building and appease neighborhood concerns.

The top three floors of the four-story building will be dedicated to the project’s 66 rental units with approximately 6,200-square-feet of space on the building’s ground-floor set aside for retail use.

Of the 66 units, approximately 21 will be studios, 28 will be one-bedrooms, and 17 will be two-bedrooms. Sixty parking spaces for tenants will be located in an enclosed garage.

Restrictions will also be placed on units being rented to students.

More information can be found on the project's website.

XDMission-113805.html

Here's a link to the website with more renderings: http://1486tremont.com/

Are you frickin' kidding me? They are 4 story buildings. . .

"Renditions of the project had been approved by the BRA in the past, but the most recent approval came after adjustments were made by the development team to limit the height of the building and appease neighborhood concerns."

site prep has begun for this

Cores have been up for a few weeks now.

mxJoCz6.jpg

Two pictures I took today on my phone, while walking by.

16868451090_80e9a67af5_b.jpg

17055996125_12b1816a93_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back