The Viridian (Fenway McDonald's) | 1282 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: 1282 Boylston St (Fenway McDonald's)

project is on the meeting schedule for the November 17th BRA meeting:

Request authorization to approve a Text and Map Amendment
to Article 66 and Map 1Q (Fenway Neighborhood District) of
the Boston Zoning Code, respectively; to approve the
Development Plan for Planned Development Area No. 81, The
1282 Boylston Street Mixed-Use Project, Fenway pursuant to
Section 80C of the Zoning Code and the accompanying Map
Amendment; to issue a Scoping Determination waiving further
review pursuant to Section 80B-5.3(d) of the Zoning Code for
the mixed-use building consisting of 215 residential units, office
space, ground floor retail and a community center room; to
issue a Certification of Compliance pursuant to Section 80B-6
upon successful completion of the Article 80 review process; to
execute all necessary documents; to petition the Zoning
Commission for the approval of the Text and Map
Amendments to Article 66 and Map 1Q of the Zoning Code; to
petition the Zoning Commission to approve PDA Plan No. 81
and the accompanying Map Amendment; and, to issue a
Certification of Consistency under Section 80C of the Zoning
Code.

http://bostonredevelopmentauthority...Board Meeting Agenda for 11-17-11 (draft).pdf

BRA approved project 1 hour ago.

Re: Fenway Area Redevelopment

Fenway to get more housing and a little higher. McDonald's lot foregoing office space for all residential.

Another positive feature- the building will have 320 units and 295 parking spaces, even with Fenway there. It's a good recognition of the fact that not all residents will have cars, and should be encouraged more to keep costs and rents undercontrol

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...'s)/1282 Boylston Street (McDonald's)_NPC.pdf

They rendered the interior of the "neighborhood community center" but nothing else of the project? Sigh.

They rendered the interior of the "neighborhood community center" but nothing else of the project? Sigh.

Nonsense, there were/are plenty of renderings for this project--I watched Abbey Group present it to the BRA last year (and get unanimous approval both from the community and the board). You can find all the details in the PNF by clicking this link:

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...rojects.asp?action=ViewProject&ProjectID=1468

Thanks. I wonder why that room was (apparently) the first thing to be rendered, though? (rhetorical question)

More home runs near Fenway

Developer strikes offices, adds 112 more residences

By Greg Turner
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - Updated 4 days ago
E-mail Print (7) Comments Text size Share
The Abbey Group is remixing its $150 million mixed-use project in the Fenway neighborhood, forgoing office space and going all residential.

The Hub developer now plans 322 units of apartments and condominiums — up from 210 apartments only — for 1282 Boylston St., according to revisions recently filed with the Boston Redevelopment Authority.

“After studying the market over the last year, we determined there was greater demand for additional housing in the area, as well as a need for home-ownership opportunities,” said Audrey Epstein Reny, the Abbey Group’s director of marketing.

About 100,000 square feet of office space was removed from the project, which the BRA approved in November.

The building will be slightly larger with the overall square footage increasing by 7,000 square feet to a total of 344,000 square feet.

A portion of the west tower section of the building has increased to 190 feet high, from 180 feet — meaning the top height may be 17 stories instead of the original 16 floors.

“The changes ... do not increase any impacts on the neighborhood,” the developer told the BRA in its filing about a month ago.

The project replaces a McDonald’s restaurant at the corner of Boylston and Jersey streets. The fast-food joint was demolished last year and turned into a surface parking lot, taking advantage of game days a block away at Fenway Park [map].

The ground-floor retail space was downsized to 9,900 square feet, instead of 15,000 square feet, and the developer also noted 2,700 square feet set aside for “community space.”

With the residential component increasing, the project will create another 15 units of affordable housing, on top of the previously approved 21. The recent filing also revealed a $1.4 million contribution to “community benefits” from the project.

The Abbey Group expects to break ground sometime next year and open 1282 Boylston in 2015.

gturner@bostonherald.com

I tried to post the photo, but it wouldn't let me. Here is the link.http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view/20220829more_home_runs_near_fenway_developer_strikes_officesadds_112_more_residences/

Looks like International Village.

The Hub developer now plans 322 units of apartments and condominiums — up from 210 apartments only — for 1282 Boylston St., according to revisions recently filed with the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
Yay!

The ground-floor retail space was downsized to 9,900 square feet, instead of 15,000 square feet
Boo!

Somebodu needs.to step out on limb design wise. Lets see some funky shit

Agree. ANother cookie cutter condo. Great.

I went to the meetings for this and if I remember correctly, I think they are using the same material that was used for the MassArt dorm tower. So material-wise, it may be something different than what the Fenway is use to.

Don't like the render at all, but maybe I just need to see a few more angles and get a better sense of how it integrates with what else is already there.

Offset windows for all!

Whoever said "International Village plus tumor" gets a cookie.

bostoncboylston1282r1.jpg

Actually, now I think it looks more like a demonic spawn of International Village and the new MassArt dormitory.

Well hello there! I'm having fun imagining a proper 10+ story streetwall through this stretch.

They were doing what looks like soil testing today on the site.

Back