The Viridian (Fenway McDonald's) | 1282 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: 1282 Boylston St (Fenway McDonald's)

I missed that last rendering...from the front it's the same ol' crap but I like the thin-ness from the side. It makes it much more acceptable in my opinion.

This street wall just keeps getting better. Always good to see sprawl get its butt kicked.

Its amazing to think that it took 100 years for the density to move just another three blocks up from Kenmore.

BRA approves apartment composition changes, increasing # of units to 350 and affordable units from 2 to 38.

"The design phase is winding itself down and we're getting ready to get this started," said Bill Keravuori of the Abbey Group. "We are hopeful that within the next few months we will be starting with the construction of this project."

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2013/03/revised_fenway_residential_project_approved

275 Albany St. changes also approved that the meeting.

I am very encouraged by the residential density and scale being built here. It's not like other areas where residential is the afterthought. It's front and center here, and its done at a pretty good scale.

I can't wait to watch both these projects rise at once!

^ yup I saw J. Derenzo equipment in that lot which I believe was closed tonight even though there's a Sox game. Should be starting demolition soon.

This site is now completely fenced off. Say goodbye to another surface lot.

They have fenced the area off, moved in some equipment, and dug up some of the ground as of this afternoon:

Sj7vlES.jpg

KrHxgxi.jpg

+1. I always thought it was strange how there was so much density in the neighborhood, but that this stretch of Boylston looked more like an average main street in a decaying rust belt city.

Its amazing to think that it took 100 years for the density to move just another three blocks up from Kenmore.

Matthew, really appreciate your pictures. Please keep up the good work.

^ Yes! There is nothing better than coming on here and seeing new construction pictures posted.

Pile Drivers on site driving in the siding:

3Lkk74r.jpg

Nzon1ir.jpg

^^^ Fantastic to see them getting right to work! There will be a big gaping pit there in no time.

Drove by this site yesterday on the way to an appointment. There is a ton of equipment on site. They aren't fooling around with this one!

Couple pics taken saturday afternoon, nothing special

MrgVXNg.jpg

eRIOkgB.jpg

BUDJIwL.jpg

and a nice view in the other direction

W3esKJJ.jpg

Back